#GTvsDUKE Postgame

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
I have serious doubts about the coaching staff, but calling and hoping for a loss is so stupid. you are not a fan. We are stuck with the head coach for at least 2 more years. I want to win as many games as possible to either minimize the damage or keep the window open for CGC to have a chance to Dabo it. losing out is the worst possible outcome with at least 2 years left.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
I have serious doubts about the coaching staff, but calling and hoping for a loss is so stupid. you are not a fan. We are stuck with the head coach for at least 2 more years. I want to win as many games as possible to either minimize the damage or keep the window open for CGC to have a chance to Dabo it. losing out is the worst possible outcome with at least 2 years left.

No one here wanted to lose. That’s fictional. Didn’t happen. Please drop that narrative. It doesn’t exist.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Juanyeh said the ATL approach helped with the 91 plays they had to defend. Says he was done for the game in the 3rd Q, and then told the coaches he wanted to come back in when Tariq went down. Big deal there since he got the pick to end it.

Says watching the TD to Adnoicas it wasn't surprising, he makes those plays in practice and he said when he beat the corner on the hitch route he knew it was a TD.

Good interview and nice to know he put himself back in and got the pick.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
1. Remember, we are beat up. We are beat up and had ZERO depth before we got beat up. Despite this being year 3, remember that most recruits from CGC first year were CPJ recruits. He only has 2 years of "his guys" and he is 3ish years into recruiting sophomores in hs. Meaning we are still young and learning.

2. Our D, minus the Pitt game, is only giving up 20pts per game and 26(rounded up) when including Pitt. I'd say most of us should be in approval of that.

3. Offense is the enigma. Line play is certainly related to #1. We can add muscle and weight to players, but even at Tech we haven't figured out how to add height.

4. Special teams is the best part of our team. Today was the first time an opposing kickoff was returned past the 25, and only then to the 29 or 30.

5. Coaching is what it is. Does OCDP call interception plays for Sims, or does the player bear responsibility? Is Yates better? Eh, he hasn't beat Sims in 2 years for the starting spot so the answer is no. No paid coach in America will put a lesser player ahead of a better player.

This was a win that came from a team not quitting when most of the fan base had. Stay positive, 13 days until our next game to rest and recover and get healthy. Halfway to a bowl game, so we got to finish strong. Watch out for us uva, vt, miami & bc. ND, we might catch yall napping. And uga, it would break my heart to knock yall from the playoffs....

YELLOW!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
If you really believe it, you are not very smart. I don’t think you do believe that. You’re just mad we aren’t drinking the Kool Aid.

I'm sorry to be the one to inform you. There are people here perfectly happy to see GT lose because they want to see a change. Sad but that's the state of sports in 2021.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
5. Coaching is what it is. Does OCDP call interception plays for Sims, or does the player bear responsibility? Is Yates better? Eh, he hasn't beat Sims in 2 years for the starting spot so the answer is no. No paid coach in America will put a lesser player ahead of a better player.
Who ever is the QB coach is the fault for a lot of his interceptions. locking on to receivers, forcing throws, not to mention his release that causes a lot of batted balls. Thats coaching.

Last edited: