anuj-bhyravabhotla

Georgia Tech Fan
Friends, fans, Yellow Jackets:
If you read the fan blog FromTheRumbleSeat, then you know about a worthy initiative started by alumnus Jason Kuykendall. For those who don't know, we at FromTheRumbleSeat intend to unite the fans of our Yellow Jackets in a visible show of support for our team in an effort known as the ‪#‎GTGoldout‬ initiative. The idea is quite simple; wear gold (specifically this shade if you can: http://encycolorpedia.com/947550) to the games. Let us stand united to show our players that we support them! They have "put in" to make this season a special one and to distance themselves from the frustrations.
And so, I urge you; Put on for your city, Put on for your school, and Put on for the Brave and Bold! Let us #GTGoldout every game that is not the Whiteout game, and let us make Bobby Dodd Stadium hell for any opponent that dares to step on its noble turf.
GO JACKETS!! ‪#‎TOGETHERWESWARM‬!
And so I ask you one question; Who will answer the call?
Also any help with outreach is greatly accepted.
Media attached can also be found here

Package.jpg
Package 2.jpg
Package 3.jpg
Package 4.jpg

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for the spirit, idea, and effort. You did notice, however, that one of the promo pictures has us in all white?

Wonder if it would ever be worth the effort to have the upper decks in white, and lower in Gold? Probably not.

Or perhaps have those contrasting colors in shakers on the seats before the game?

anuj-bhyravabhotla

Georgia Tech Fan
Thanks for the spirit, idea, and effort. You did notice, however, that one of the promo pictures has us in all white?

Wonder if it would ever be worth the effort to have the upper decks in white, and lower in Gold? Probably not.

Or perhaps have those contrasting colors in shakers on the seats before the game?
I took the one from last year's Whiteout game on purpose so I could show what happens when fans unite under one battle color, which in that case was white

Friends, fans, Yellow Jackets:
If you read the fan blog FromTheRumbleSeat, then you know about a worthy initiative started by alumnus Jason Kuykendall. For those who don't know, we at FromTheRumbleSeat intend to unite the fans of our Yellow Jackets in a visible show of support for our team in an effort known as the ‪#‎GTGoldout‬ initiative. The idea is quite simple; wear gold (specifically this shade if you can: http://encycolorpedia.com/947550) to the games. Let us stand united to show our players that we support them! They have "put in" to make this season a special one and to distance themselves from the frustrations.
And so, I urge you; Put on for your city, Put on for your school, and Put on for the Brave and Bold! Let us #GTGoldout every game that is not the Whiteout game, and let us make Bobby Dodd Stadium hell for any opponent that dares to step on its noble turf.
GO JACKETS!! ‪#‎TOGETHERWESWARM‬!
And so I ask you one question; Who will answer the call?
Also any help with outreach is greatly accepted.
Media attached can also be found here

View attachment 1679 View attachment 1680 View attachment 1681 View attachment 1682
Oh, HELL, YEAH !!!! You have my 100% support in this matter. And I agree with one of the posters who said have gold and white shakers on the seats for the games.....NOT handed out at the gates, since that doesn't work....IN THE SEATS. I know that's going to cost the athletic department some money, but I think it would be money WELL SPENT !!!

anuj-bhyravabhotla

Georgia Tech Fan
Oh, HELL, YEAH !!!! You have my 100% support in this matter. And I agree with one of the posters who said have gold and white shakers on the seats for the games.....NOT handed out at the gates, since that doesn't work....IN THE SEATS. I know that's going to cost the athletic department some money, but I think it would be money WELL SPENT !!!
They did that at the Battle of the Techs last year
They should just do that every week

I think only the students in the North stands got them then
And therein lies the problem at Tech. There should be an effort to include the entire fan base. Do that, and the entire fan base will become more involved. Obviously spirit is not a problem with the fans, but I for one believe that the Tech Athletic Department needs to do more to take advantage of our spirit and encourage us to amp it up even more. I don't know if you have seen any of my posts on other threads, but I refer often to the way things are done at Neyland stadium in Knoxville. Alternating sections are dressed in white or orange. That's not something the fans themselves came up with; someone had to orchestrate that and encourage the fans to do it. Somebody at Tech needs to make a more defined effort in getting the fans to show their spirit in other ways than just cheering the team on.

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
And therein lies the problem at Tech. There should be an effort to include the entire fan base. Do that, and the entire fan base will become more involved. Obviously spirit is not a problem with the fans, but I for one believe that the Tech Athletic Department needs to do more to take advantage of our spirit and encourage us to amp it up even more. I don't know if you have seen any of my posts on other threads, but I refer often to the way things are done at Neyland stadium in Knoxville. Alternating sections are dressed in white or orange. That's not something the fans themselves came up with; someone had to orchestrate that and encourage the fans to do it. Somebody at Tech needs to make a more defined effort in getting the fans to show their spirit in other ways than just cheering the team on.

I'm not sure if they still do it but I think Boise state did something like that for a little bit. The easiest way that I would imagine it be done is by putting it on the ticket somehow.

GTBatGirl96

Jolly Good Fellow
The color you linked to looks a lot darker than the ones you washed the photos with. I'm wondering how well that's really going to "pop" on TV. The white and even the light yellow really pops. I totally support what you are doing, and I'll have the family dressed whatever yellow we can find.

GTOXAN2K11

Georgia Tech Fan
They did that at the Battle of the Techs last year
They should just do that every week

The GT vs VPISU game should never be called the Battle of the Techs as they are a Polytechnic Institute and State University as opposed to an Institute of Technology.

However, I agree they should put shakers in the seats for every game.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

These are the closet I could find online to old gold, I personal like a medium shade of old gold. I'm with the poster above I think if it's to dark it won't pop well.

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
We'll probably never see either uniforms or apparel in that shade of gold. The shades they currently sell at the book store (what few they have) are fine with me. But, generally speaking, any shade is fine, as long as it's not blue.
Actually, that shade of gold is the correct shade. The official shade of gold is PMS 874 - as taken from Tech's own branding guidelines: http://www.comm.gatech.edu/sites/co...nts/georgia-tech-visual-identity-july2016.pdf (updated July 2016)

This is another example of the shade of gold:
2010-GT-Gold-Standard-Logo-(PMS-874).jpg

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Rats! I don't have a gold shirt that matches any of these. And, since I already have three, I ain't buying a new one. Guess I'll just have to stick out this year. Quelle domage!