#GTCamp20 Coverage

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
Jaquan Henderson, Luke Johns, Stephen Dolphus, Luke Johns are the one that are not on the roster, Coach stated he will let then make own announcement as to why

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Our Total Person Program needs to give a lesson in tying ties.

Marco Coleman with the best looking knot on the entire team!

I can't believe the photographers and CGC with his famous attention to detail let everyone get away with it.

I can't believe I spent time on tie knots...😐

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
"Split sessions" is an interesting & innovative way to get everyone more reps & more individual (perhaps more than some players might want) attention from the coaches.

I hope the coaches are in shape!

Your right, young players get full practice time reps should help.
It has disadvantages also, players learn by watching reps, seeing others do wrong and get yelled at by the coach, they can make mental note. If that mistake doesn’t occur in next session players miss out.

Sure coaches will make the best out of situation

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
It has disadvantages also, players learn by watching reps, seeing others do wrong and get yelled at by the coach, they can make mental note.

As one who played the game from 3rd grade through four years of high school, then four years of college at GT, plus coaching one year with the GT freshmen, I beg to differ.

Players learn through reps. If they learned by watching, no one would ever be on the sidelines.

You might get something out of watching, but it's all about doing it yourself. There is no way to feel, smell, do, know what it's like to do it right vs. to do it wrong. You can't get muscle memory watching someone else do something.

The only thing a player learns when another player gets yelled at "Thank God it's him & not me," WTTE "The Fourth Law of Thermo: If the heat's on you, it's not on me."

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
As one who played the game from 3rd grade through four years of high school, then four years of college at GT, plus coaching one year with the GT freshmen, I beg to differ.

Players learn through reps. If they learned by watching, no one would ever be on the sidelines.

You might get something out of watching, but it's all about doing it yourself. There is no way to feel, smell, do, know what it's like to do it right vs. to do it wrong. You can't get muscle memory watching someone else do something.

The only thing a player learns when another player gets yelled at "Thank God it's him & not me," WTTE "The Fourth Law of Thermo: If the heat's on you, it's not on me."
I don't know, I remember my coach getting on someone for getting stuck between covering 2 receivers in a zone and yelling that you can't cover both if you don't cover either. 3 years later I turned that exact scenario into a game winning interception on the goal line when I was in no man's land and had the flashback to that practice, and broke to cover the easier throw as the ball was being released and almost had a 99 yd pick 6 if I was a bit faster.