#GTCamp20 Coverage

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I don't know, I remember my coach getting on someone for getting stuck between covering 2 receivers in a zone and yelling that you can't cover both if you don't cover either. 3 years later I turned that exact scenario into a game winning interception on the goal line when I was in no man's land and had the flashback to that practice, and broke to cover the easier throw as the ball was being released and almost had a 99 yd pick 6 if I was a bit faster.
Which is one play out of how many? They will still watch tape and likely break down both sets of film the next day with the players.. guys are going to be able to see other dudes make plays and whiff. This just doubles the snap count we can run.

NorthsideJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Which is one play out of how many? They will still watch tape and likely break down both sets of film the next day with the players.. guys are going to be able to see other dudes make plays and whiff. This just doubles the snap count we can run.

This. As deepsnap says, nothing can replicate reps. But as for watching others doing 'correctly', this is also done always now by watching PRACTICE film. Back in my day, there was obviously only game film -- yes it was actually B/W film :LOL:. Today, guys get to watch themselves and their teammates' practice reps the same day or the next day before practice in HD digital video. They actually get the benefit of both worlds.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Overall Dave P is a whole lot more positive, particularly with understanding of what we are supposed to do. There is a big deficit in translating that understanding to live full-speed game reps, which is where the COVID situation hurts us. Exciting statements about Jahmyr Gibbs, which is no surprise. Sounds like QB is not settled and won't be settled going into the season. Graham's comments concerned me about his development. Seems to be someone who needs to see it / practice it to learn it and less of an independent study guy. Makes me think the others will pass him, but I still say he starts @ FSU due to his experience on the field. Similar situation to last year although we should be far ahead overall.

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck
Graham's comments concerned me about his development. Seems to be someone who needs to see it / practice it to learn it and less of an independent study guy. Makes me think the others will pass him, but I still say he starts @ FSU due to his experience on the field.

This about Graham. I’m not good with that type of learning either so I understand. The two freshmen sound very interesting.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
This about Graham. I’m not good with that type of learning either so I understand. The two freshmen sound very interesting.

Oh I'm in the same boat. Nothing critical of James personally. Just made me think he won't have made as much progress as the other QBs given the circumstances of the off-season.

Deleted member 2897

With how screwy this entire situation is, I’ve gone from hoping for 4 wins on our old schedule to trying to figure out what the new schedule might yield..........to deciding I’m giving the team a pass this year. I hope we do well. All the difficulties could enable us to win a few games we might not have, but I’m not going to put that expectation on them. Our original schedule was so difficult that 2021 was going to be the interesting year to me. I’m very optimistic about our future, and I hope we can shock some people this year, but I’m giving them a pass on expectations. And I promise I’m not just doing that to save my stress and anxiety level (as far as you know).

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
I was very impressed by Yates. Sounds like the virtual format agreed with him and he picked up some football knowledge fundamentals.

I think he’s going to win the QB battle, it’s only a matter of when. I think Sims and Gleason will be seriously considered next year. It’s a two horse race, and I think Yates wins it, just a matter of when

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Patenaude said whoever distributes the ball the best will be the guy. In only 2 years of recruiting the offensive talent at RB and WR has taken a huge step forward. We have 3 high end RB’s and multiple WR’s. But they won’t matter if we can‘t protect the QB and the QB can’t get the ball to them. It’s obvious this year all the QB’s will get a chance to play because the future is to important to lose guys to the portal. After listening to that sounds like Yates and Gleason will be given opportunities with Sims taking a lesser role for this year only.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I was very impressed by Yates. Sounds like the virtual format agreed with him and he picked up some football knowledge fundamentals.

I think he’s going to win the QB battle, it’s only a matter of when. I think Sims and Gleason will be seriously considered next year. It’s a two horse race, and I think Yates wins it, just a matter of when

I would agree on Yates, but Patenaude seems verrrry hung up on his height. Goes out of his way to mention it every single time.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Pretty generic QB comments but I guess that’s expected this early. Like others have said, I’m more interested in hearing about the offensive line. I think we have a good idea what to expect at other positions on offense.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
I would agree on Yates, but Patenaude seems verrrry hung up on his height. Goes out of his way to mention it every single time.
Don’t see it that way. He was asked strengths and weaknesses. Yates has to overcome his lack of height. It doesn’t mean he can’t excel just that he has to do it a different way.

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
Honestly, his height was the only weakness coach mentioned.

I see that as a guy fishing for weaknesses to talk about compared with Graham. I give it the first few weeks then Yates will receive most of the reps