GT vs Wake, Friday 3/5, 8 PM, ACCN

LibertyTurns

Banned
This is one of those games that feels like a worse performance than it actually was.

12 point road win, where we shot 56% from the field and the game was never in doubt after half time.
This is one of those games good teams win- they gut it out on not their best night

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
6 game conference winning streak is the longest since 95-96 when we closed out on 7 straight games, then won 2 more in the tournament. If we win the whole damn thing we can tie (or surpass it).

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
did what we needed to do. wish we could have rested some people a lot longer but I'll take the win and move on

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
This is one of those games that feels like a worse performance than it actually was.
12 point road win, where we shot 56% from the field and the game was never in doubt after half time.
It feels worse when you turn the ball over in the first half, keep a bad team within striking distance in the second half, get nearly doubled up on offensive rebounds the whole game, coming off a rough ending to your previous game, and your most important player hasn’t shown much in terms of being back to his full health. Granted, none of these things may matter going forward, but that’s why this game in a vacuum left much to be desired — not the final margin of victory or FG%.

If anything, I’m really excited about where Devoe is at right now and Howard gave us some big minutes.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Glad to see the jackets finish the season strong! Does this solidify us for the tourney? Would getting a double bye help or hurt us if we are still on the bubble?

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
It feels worse when you turn the ball over in the first half, keep a bad team within striking distance in the second half, get nearly doubled up on offensive rebounds the whole game, coming off a rough ending to your previous game, and your most important player hasn’t shown much in terms of being back to his full health.

You're reaching on some of these.

First half was bad with the TOs I'll give you that. But wake wasn't in striking distance pretty much at all the second half. The one time they did get into it we hit them with an 8-0 run almost immediately.

Also, the orebs weren't a factor for nearly the entire game. They were even most of the game until one possession where they got a couple of long bounces to go their way. I believe we had more second chance points 7-4 as well.

Jose looked off for sure, but 11 points, 4 rebs, 5 assists, and 4 steals on 57% shooting is still a good game and a pretty classic Jose statline except a little lite on the points. As far as being back to full health. He was healthy enough to go 37 minutes, so whatever is bothering him is more of an annoyance than anything more serious.

And the duke game doesn't make this performance actually any worse.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
You're reaching on some of these.

First half was bad with the TOs I'll give you that. But wake wasn't in striking distance pretty much at all the second half. The one time they did get into it we hit them with an 8-0 run almost immediately.

Also, the orebs weren't a factor for nearly the entire game. They were even most of the game until one possession where they got a couple of long bounces to go their way. I believe we had more second chance points 7-4 as well.

Jose looked off for sure, but 11 points, 4 rebs, 5 assists, and 4 steals on 57% shooting is still a good game and a pretty classic Jose statline except a little lite on the points. As far as being back to full health. He was healthy enough to go 37 minutes, so whatever is bothering him is more of an annoyance than anything more serious.

And the duke game doesn't make this performance actually any worse.
You’re right about the offensive rebounds. Probably didn’t matter, but stood out that we only had 5 all game.

Jose is definitely not himself right now in terms of offensive aggression, which is what I said. Not talking about steals/rebounds. I’m talking pure explosion/seeking contact. He took 2 FTs. Of course Jose Alvarado is healthy enough to play 37 minutes when his career/season is on the line.

And your initial post that I responding to was about why this game “felt” worse (your words).

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Regardless of how we’ve looked the last 3 halves, this stretch is obviously the peak of Paster’s tenure and I’m chalking up the recent sub-optimal basketball to exhaustion rather than who we are. Go Hoos

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
To me you could definitely tell that WF got a boost from actually having a crowd for the first time. They played much better than they have pretty much all year.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
This game felt closer than it actually was. We as fans all took into consideration the road game, senior night, people in the stands etc. But I think the team got over being tight after about 15 minutes and then settled in. Even when wake cut it to 5 in the 2nd half, it still felt like we were in control. We quickly stretched it back out to 13 after that. Good to know that we are in the field regardless of the acc tourney now.

Deleted member 2897

Gotta love Ken Seguira and his back handed compliments. From his game summary article: “As hard as it may be for Tech fans to believe, the Jackets very much look like they’re going to the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2010. Only three power-conference teams have had longer droughts.”

LOL 🤡

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Gotta love Ken Seguira and his back handed compliments. From his game summary article: “As hard as it may be for Tech fans to believe, the Jackets very much look like they’re going to the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2010. Only three power-conference teams have had longer droughts.”

LOL 🤡
Ken is an idiot.