GT vs UNC; I'll take the Coastal for $500 Alex

randerto

Jolly Good Fellow
Fortunate enough to be at the game tonight with my oldest son. Incredible weather and some very exciting baseball. A tad more exciting than we'd want. Wish Huff could have closed it out - he's so close to being very good. Sinking feeling when they brought in Bartnicki. His body language is very low energy - has lost his confidence on the mound it seems. Loved seeing the aggressiveness from Parada with the tag at home in top of the 9th. Got everyone fired up. Great to see Compton tag one - he needed that - guessing we'll see him DH tomorrow. Fun to watch Brett Centraccio and catch-up with his family (UNC 1B from Alpharetta - played some travel ball with my youngest) - but he almost hit a dinger in the 8th that would have changed things...after beating us at the plate yesterday... Looking for a strong start from Grissom tomorrow to take some Momentum into post-season... Go Jackets...
Forgot to mention how huge Waddell was in this game - two remarkable defensive plays and he's absolutely squaring everything up at the plate right now - he's hot going into post-season for sure...!

gtrower

Helluva Engineer

Basically UNC created fake classes requiring no attendance or verifiable performance that enabled "students" to get an A. Greatly helped football and basketball players maintain "academic eligibility" until they left without a degree (or being able to effectively read or write). And exposed the total hypocrisy of "student-athletes" at UNC.

The failure of the NCAA to do anything about it on a technicality that the "classes" were open to all students only shows the total hypocrisy of the NCAA in the money sports of football and basketball.

UNCs argument was essentially that their school should lose accreditation, but their AA shouldn’t be penalized. Nothing happened directly, but I’d certainly think twice about hiring anybody out of there after what came to light.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Forgot to mention how huge Waddell was in this game - two remarkable defensive plays and he's absolutely squaring everything up at the plate right now - he's hot going into post-season for sure...!
Not just Waddell. Gonzales two huge plays, Wilhite, Parada on the out at home, etc. There was one hard play not made where DeLeo mistimed his catch on the triple but that would have been another great defensive play in an otherwise pretty damn good effort defense wise last night.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Great way to end the season, winning the last season series to clinch the costal and sweeping the dwags this year. I’m proud of the fight of the team but this has definitely been a roller coaster season with massive inconsistency.

never know what’s going to happen from here, but hopefully somehow we find magic in our bullpen. Or maybe we just slug our way 15-10 to every game to a national championship.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I think MAYBE in his last two starts that Marquis Grissom is learning how to be a PITCHER at this level. If so, that would be big for us. Archer has faded pretty badly and we have no other starters

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Chapman struggled. All the ot he’ll pitchers did well. Hall & company managed the bullpen well except for Chapman. He didn’t have it today.
It was his senior day, so I think Hall just wanted him to get an out after giving up the 2 run HR.