• No

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • It’s a crap shoot

Votes: 10 32.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GTJon

Jolly Good Fellow
This type of outcome has been entirely expected and predictable based on how the season went.
I assume we will use Grissom against ASU and win that game. Then get Campbell in a rematch on Sunday afternoon and with them down to their 3rd starter, probably a 15-13 game is in order.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I think our Jackets will do well enough to go 1-2 in the Knoxville Regional, and hopefully get better pitching next year.
I've had very little confidence on our pitching since mid-season, so this really doesn't surprise me. In fact, I picked us to lose this game in the poll.

BUT, I do expect us to win the next 2 games. We are simply better than Alabama State, and we will get Campbell's #3 starter and I think we'll squeak out a win there. That's where it ends, as I then expect UT will kill us by a lopsided score as our pitching (such as it is) will be thoroughly depleted by then.

Well, you can't say we collapsed in the Regional, because this is the team we have seen all season.

I think it is VERY fair to ask "what's wrong" with out pitching. For all the talent we supposedly have, we get horrible results.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
This type of outcome has been entirely expected and predictable based on how the season went.
I assume we will use Grissom against ASU and win that game. Then get Campbell in a rematch on Sunday afternoon and with them down to their 3rd starter, probably a 15-13 game is in order.
I hope we do NOT waste Grissom against Alabama State, but knowing Hall, he will do exactly that.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Our ace pitcher is 4-5.
8 runs when their stud is going to the hill, and we really are not in the game. Shouldn’t need 16 runs to defeat a bunch of Camels.

GTJon

Jolly Good Fellow
Our ace pitcher is 4-5.
8 runs when their stud is going to the hill, and we really are not in the game. Shouldn’t need 16 runs to defeat a bunch of Camels.
Exactly. This team is good, but this is far more runs than they scored in any game in their conference tournament last week. They won their championship game 3-2.

ScGold

Banned
What a $hit show. Danny at least didn't flame out this year. He and the pitching coach stealing money.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
:mad: disappointing

1654288431388.png

1654288485733.png

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
For @FredJacket & all the others that act like the world will end if we move on from Danny: haven’t won a regional since Saban was coaching the dolphins. 😳😳😳

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I never said that. But I get it. You need a target. Anybody that really matters isn't found here.

Why would I need a target? Y’all have made the folks that felt we have underachieved for most of the last decade the targets because they dare say maybe we need a change up. 😵‍💫

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Why would I need a target? Y’all have made the folks that felt we have underachieved for most of the last decade the targets because they dare say maybe we need a change up. 😵‍💫
Touche. Sorry you felt targeted. I value your opinion & contribution to the dialogue. I don't feel part of any "y'all" ...I don't speak for others. Speak up for change all you want. I understand.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
It’s not unfair to say we need a change up. All I’ve said the whole time is be careful what you wish for. See: Monte Lee.

DH has deeeeeeep rooted connections throughout Georgia high school and travel ball programs. Ramsey brings a new energy, but there’s no guarantee he yields better results. If anything needs to be looked at it’s obviously Borrell. There have been zero improvements on the pitching staff, and things are worse now than they’ve ever been. I don’t know what’s going on in the pitching lab but it has not helped at all. And its not the talent either. Grissom, Maxwell, Huff, Brown, Bartnicki, Smith, Roedig are all extremely talented pitchers. Very highly recruited pitchers. And all of them have pitched their way off of draft boards, or very far down the list. There’s a common denominator there. It seems to me like whatever Borrell learned and utilized with the Yankees simply doesn’t work at the college level. Whether that’s different strategies, or different teaching methods, it is not translating.

There have been teams in the past that should have made it out of regionals that had tough luck. This team is doing exactly what it has all year. A lot of times there’s nothing a manager/coach can do when it comes to these tournament formats. See Mike Martin for an example there. It ultimately comes down to luck of the draw, avoiding hot teams, and not getting cold down the stretch. Baseball is a fickle game. The Pirates just swept the Dodgers across a 3 game set. Does that mean the Pirates are the better team? Hell no! But in baseball any team can win on any given day. When your season lives and dies with the result of one or 2 games, you won’t be rewarded everytime. At the very best you’re probably looking at a .500 record. DH not being able to get over the hump is something of a historic outlier.

It’s fine if you think someone else can breakthrough, but acting like DH is a bad coach because he hasn’t is disingenuous. Given the state of GT athletics it’s very possible DH has overachieved for decades. It’s possible we’ll find out the truth in the next couple of years.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
There are multi-year long stretches where it has been so tough to be a GT fan. The football, baseball and basketball pain add up after a while.

Regardless of whomever the one seed was, we lost badly to the three seed today. That stings. Regardless of bracket. Period.

I hope you are confusing football with baseball.

I am guilty of trying to put a positive spin on GT baseball. So much is so screwed up with the world that that is my small contribution.

But I think that Hall should be able to leave on his own terms. I think he has built a program which will likely be better when someone else comes in. But thats the future and no-one knows it. I feel zero confidence in my ability to predict it since I predicted our pitching and defense would improve this year.

Peace.