GT vs FSU Uniform Reveal

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Well, Georgia has always worn one of our colors (white), so what difference does it make. Besides, you only consider recent history. Until the 80s we probably wore blue maybe 10 times, if that many.
I’m not trying to be a **** but 1980 was a long time ago. There’s a lot of history in a time span of 40 years.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Well, Georgia has always worn one of our colors (white), so what difference does it make. Besides, you only consider recent history. Until the 80s we probably wore blue maybe 10 times, if that many.
No offense super, but I’m not sure how accurate your assertion that the majority of Tech’s uniforms included black, not blue trim is. There’s been numerous items and uniforms released recently that you’ve said were black, even though they were blue. I think the truth is that black and navy have probably been used pretty interchangeably throughout history, until we finally settled on navy in the 80s.

As far as Georgia wearing white goes, that’s my biggest problem when people bring up the fact that white and gold are the “primary” colors. Everybody wears white. And most teams that feature gold wear a G/W/G uniform combination pretty often. G/W/G is not even close to being unique to Tech, and I’d say that uniform combination is probably the most common across all levels of football. Thats why it makes even less sense that people insist on wearing G/W/G at home. Almost nobody wears gold jerseys, so I don’t see why anybody wouldn’t want a gold jersey to be the primary home uniform.

I’m not trying to be a **** but 1980 was a long time ago. There’s a lot of history in a time span of 40 years.
That's like saying the US has only existed since the end of WWII. Tech history goes back 120+ years, and even with the number of times we have worn blue since the 1980s, still the number of times we have worn blue in our ENTIRE history is a pretty small number.

No offense super, but I’m not sure how accurate your assertion that the majority of Tech’s uniforms included black, not blue trim is. There’s been numerous items and uniforms released recently that you’ve said were black, even though they were blue. I think the truth is that black and navy have probably been used pretty interchangeably throughout history, until we finally settled on navy in the 80s.

As far as Georgia wearing white goes, that’s my biggest problem when people bring up the fact that white and gold are the “primary” colors. Everybody wears white. And most teams that feature gold wear a G/W/G uniform combination pretty often. G/W/G is not even close to being unique to Tech, and I’d say that uniform combination is probably the most common across all levels of football. Thats why it makes even less sense that people insist on wearing G/W/G at home. Almost nobody wears gold jerseys, so I don’t see why anybody wouldn’t want a gold jersey to be the primary home uniform.
I have nothing at all against gold jerseys. The ones we wore during the O'Leary years were almost perfect, and I might remind you, he never used blue, other, I guess, than trim. However, when I was in school in the 60s, and I assume throughout the 50s, the trim on the uniforms was black.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I have nothing at all against gold jerseys. The ones we wore during the O'Leary years were almost perfect, and I might remind you, he never used blue, other, I guess, than trim. However, when I was in school in the 60s, and I assume throughout the 50s, the trim on the uniforms was black.
Which is kinda my point. How many times were you up close and personal with on field apparel to actually confirm that the trim was 100% black and not navy? I mean, we know for a fact that the trim on all of these uniforms is navy, yet under different lighting and from a distance, it still looks black.

0EFDBE5A-BFAE-49E1-887D-721B1D5D20D5.jpeg

C455FFE4-8C2E-4FAD-9D90-66ABED73A4BC.jpeg

06F86E85-0FA4-4916-A66C-F6C1E0D7D115.jpeg

892C33E4-4613-4978-BE29-53F16ABEAD9E.jpeg

F4308C64-6330-4E61-9FBE-923C14C4EC79.jpeg

I’m not saying that the trim wasn’t historically black at times, or specifically during your years at Tech. I believe it’s factual that black trim has been used countless times across multiple decades in GT uniforms. But I do question your assertion that blue was hardly ever used as the trim color in place of black before the 80s. I believe that blue has just as much history in GT athletics as black does. The only way we could ever know for sure would be to find a player, coach, equipment manager, etc. from every 4 years of Tech athletics as far back as we can go to confirm what color was on their uniforms. Which, when you put it that way, sounds extremely silly.

On top of that. Tech’s most recent football national championship team and NY6 bowl winner, basketball Final Four team, and baseball CWS team were all blue clad.

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
Which is kinda my point. How many times were you up close and personal with on field apparel to actually confirm that the trim was 100% black and not navy? I mean, we know for a fact that the trim on all of these uniforms is navy, yet under different lighting and from a distance, it still looks black.

View attachment 9054
View attachment 9055
View attachment 9053
View attachment 9056
View attachment 9057

I’m not saying that the trim wasn’t historically black at times, or specifically during your years at Tech. I believe it’s factual that black trim has been used countless times across multiple decades in GT uniforms. But I do question your assertion that blue was hardly ever used as the trim color in place of black before the 80s. I believe that blue has just as much history in GT athletics as black does. The only way we could ever know for sure would be to find a player, coach, equipment manager, etc. from every 4 years of Tech athletics as far back as we can go to confirm what color was on their uniforms. Which, when you put it that way, sounds extremely silly.

On top of that. Tech’s most recent football national championship team and NY6 bowl winner, basketball Final Four team, and baseball CWS team were all blue clad.

The color on the first throwback pic (from the 60's) should be black as my father ('62-'66) and @Supersizethatorder-mutt have repeatedly verified. I've also seen his old jerseys and they are black trim.

gtyj18jr

Jolly Good Fellow
I think it’s hilarious that we just beat FSU and we are about to go against a top 25 opponent, and here we are complaining again about uniforms. We really are a special bunch. I like them all, especially when we win.
Well this is a uniform thread so....

Yeah I’d much rather have a common color with Auburn than the dwags.
The mutts are not the only team in the country with black as a primary color; in fact, there are quite a few of them. When it comes to the shad of navy that Tech wears, very few come to mind --- Auburn, UVA, ND, among them. Black, in spite of its use by the mutts is a pretty much universal school color for one use or another (as is white). Navy is not.