GT vs. f$u Ireland Game Tickets

buzzn3

Georgia Tech Fan
HELP! HELP!! Has anyone purchased tickets yet? I got an email from GT saying season ticket holders or Alex-Tharpe contributors can prepurchase tix with priority up to Feb 12. We have already committed well over $10,000 for the trip over and an extended tour situation. So I would bite the bullet and pay $500 or so for 2 tix but I would like to be able to purchase through the GT priority situation to get good seats and to know where they are located. It looks like, if I buy through Aer Lingus, I have no idea where and what kind of seats we would end up with. And I keep running into a wall when I try to go through the GT link to ticket buying. Can anyone please give me some feedback with what kind of results you might have had? The sooner the better because it looks like the “priority” situation runs out Feb 12!

I haven't hit the actual "checkout" button yet, because I'm hoping to snag cheaper tickets elsewhere, but I was able to add the correct quantities to my cart and have the $100 pre-order deposit show up for me to purchase. You shouldn't be able to buy the actual tickets yet though, if that's what you were hoping for. Sounds like they'll get assigned by points once the pre-order window closses and then they just charge the same card for the outstanding balance.

1000008621.jpg

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I haven't hit the actual "checkout" button yet, because I'm hoping to snag cheaper tickets elsewhere, but I was able to add the correct quantities to my cart and have the $100 pre-order deposit show up for me to purchase. You shouldn't be able to buy the actual tickets yet though, if that's what you were hoping for. Sounds like they'll get assigned by points once the pre-order window closses and then they just charge the same card for the outstanding balance.

View attachment 15715

Thanks, Buzzn3, but how did you get to the correct place to order? The link in the GT email put me into a loop.

buzzn3

Georgia Tech Fan
Thanks, Buzzn3, but how did you get to the correct place to order? The link in the GT email put me into a loop.
The link I had sent me to login to my GT ticket account.

After I did that, I was at this screen and selected the Ireland game.
1000008623.jpg

That sent me to this screen with the stadium layout and ticket options/pricing. I had put in the number of tickets I wanted per section, then hit the "Add to Cart" button.
1000008625.jpg

That then took me to the view of my cart which showed no tickets in my cart, but instead the $100 pre-order deposit.
1000008621.jpg

Hopefully hitting checkout from there should work, but I haven't confirmed myself.

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
The link I had sent me to login to my GT ticket account.

After I did that, I was at this screen and selected the Ireland game.
View attachment 15716

That sent me to this screen with the stadium layout and ticket options/pricing. I had put in the number of tickets I wanted per section, then hit the "Add to Cart" button.
View attachment 15717
That then took me to the view of my cart which showed no tickets in my cart, but instead the $100 pre-order deposit.
View attachment 15718

Hopefully hitting checkout from there should work, but I haven't confirmed myself.

Thanks again, for all of your work on this, Buzzn3. Looks like I’ve got it!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm not rich but I can afford the trip just fine. I could afford a $245 steak just fine, too, but I wouldn't enjoy it knowing how much it cost, and how I could probably enjoy a meal at McDonald's just as much if not more - but that's just me. Wifey and I are going on the trip, because I've always wanted to go to Ireland and she would like to go, too. The game dovetailed with our plans perfectly, until I found out how much are the tickets. Everybody has their price. I'm simply not paying $245 for a football ticket. And if nobody else would, either, tickets wouldn't cost $245. I don't begrudge anyone their tickets - have fun at the game. But I'm just not paying it. I'll watch the game from my sofa and go to Ireland in September, unless I can somehow find tickets cheaper. Like I said, everybody has their price, some more and some less. The top price I would be willing to pay is ~$150.

WE are cheap compared to many. I thought about your post when I saw the AVERAGE Super Bowl ticket was like $4700. Some up to $70K.

For $12 K, my wife and I can have a nice two week vacation around Europe ( especially Eastern Europe). No way we spend Super Bowl money, but the GT tickets at $245 aren't bad. 0% chance the game is sold out, so I'd wait. Tour Ireland more if you miss the game. Win, win.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
WE are cheap compared to many. I thought about your post when I saw the AVERAGE Super Bowl ticket was like $4700. Some up to $70K.

For $12 K, my wife and I can have a nice two week vacation around Europe ( especially Eastern Europe). No way we spend Super Bowl money, but the GT tickets at $245 aren't bad. 0% chance the game is sold out, so I'd wait. Tour Ireland more if you miss the game. Win, win.
We are touring Europe for 2 weeks with $8k! So it can be done!

GT33

Helluva Engineer
This whole ticket process is frustrating. There's no communication when we're getting our tickets, where the tickets are exactly, etc. I paid a couple months ago and crickets other than a thanks for paying message.

buzzn3

Georgia Tech Fan
This whole ticket process is frustrating. There's no communication when we're getting our tickets, where the tickets are exactly, etc. I paid a couple months ago and crickets other than a thanks for paying message.
Thought prepaid/reserved ticket locations were allocated these last couple days... maybe worth calling about?

Actual tickets won't be distributed directly from ticketmaster until July though, I think I read.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Thought prepaid/reserved ticket locations were allocated these last couple days... maybe worth calling about?

Actual tickets won't be distributed directly from ticketmaster until July though, I think I read.
They were working through them yesterday. If you haven’t received an email with your location you should call or email:
Call 1-888-TECHTIX - 404.894.5447
Email: [email protected]