GT vs BG Ghost Uniforms

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
"Ghost", huh? I'm definitely scared but mainly because this thread is gonna turn into a mitch 'n boan session about white/gold.

scared the colbert report GIF

seanfloyd18

Georgia Tech Fan
Looks good but why are we wearing this for a day game?
If this was homecoming and a 7:00 kickoff, I’d be way more excited. Most likely it’s marketing wanting us to not embarrass ourselves in a new cool uniform. (you would not believe how much social media content right now is being dismissed because of fears of the football team losing and content “not aging well”)

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
"Ghost", huh? I'm definitely scared but mainly because this thread is gonna turn into a mitch 'n boan session about white/gold.
Ok....I'll start! Is this an homage to Wake Forest because we beat them last week? Maybe an homage to the New Orleans Saints who wear an identical color scheme regularly? I gotta admit - I don't think GT when I see this uni.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
I'll get my two main gripes out of the way first and foremost:

1. If you are going to debut a new "ghost" uniform, doesn't it make since to do it during a night game? Especially when said uniform has glow-in-the-dark elements?

2. I understand that this is part of an adidas "set" for this year, meaning we aren't the only adidas school to get a "ghost" uniform, but after comparing the two, I definitely like our 2020 blackwatch uniform more than this set.

Now, with that being said, this is not a bad uniform. I like the addition of the white outline to the GT logo on the helmet. It make the black logo pop and creates a nice contrast to the gold of the helmet. The black pants were a surprise for me but I think adidas did really well incorporating our current striping pattern onto the pants. The gold number outlines are very sharp and match the helmet well. I also really like the rear bumper of the helmet. I can live with the front bumper, but I think the TECH wordmark is stretched out a little too much. All in all, I'd give it a solid 7/10 here. The helmet stripe we stole from Vanderbilt, and the above mentioned gripes are noted, but doesn't take away from this being a solid uniform. If it makes the kids happy, then that's really all that matters. If we win, it's an even bigger bonus.

Solid job adidas.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
1. If you are going to debut a new "ghost" uniform, doesn't it make since to do it during a night game? Especially when said uniform has glow-in-the-dark elements?
The glow in the dark elements are dumb in the first place, not like we play in the dark. I mean if we can play in the backyard at midnight and with this NERF ball, we will smoke everyone on earth!
glow-in-the-dark-nerf-football.jpg