GT vs BC Kickoff @ 3:30

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
ESPN doesn't care about fans attending games. It is all about their frikkin schedule. Having the Mich State vs Mich game.....#6 & 8 both undefeated as a noon game......ridiculous.
East Lansing and MSU didn’t want a night game because of it being Halloween weekend. The amount of damage done on campus and to local businesses the last time it fell on Halloween was too much. They pushed for 3:30 but MSU pushed back.

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
It’s really not hard to get directv. The Bally’s hate is laughable. Figure it out or move on. Y’all make enough. Y’all are smart enough.
Directv Stream is less costly. It’s a no brainer for me -Gotta watch Braves and Hawks on Bally’s also…

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
There are huge swaths of Georgia that can’t get Tech football anymore. These areas have few cable options, packages or dish services and the ones they have often don’t carry Tech unless the game is on a major network. Weirdly, when I was a kid these remote parts of Georgia always had a local AM radio station that carried Tech. There were even a scattering of these from Florida to Virginia. No more.

Sometimes I hate our new “convenient technological” times.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
There are huge swaths of Georgia that can’t get Tech football anymore. These areas have few cable options, packages or dish services and the ones they have often don’t carry Tech unless the game is on a major network. Weirdly, when I was a kid these remote parts of Georgia always had a local AM radio station that carried Tech. There were even a scattering of these from Florida to Virginia. No more.

This post made my nostalgic for Saturday dove fields in September. South Georgia. Always the game could be picked up from some station in Cairo, Bainbridge, Thomasville, etc. but maybe not with the greatest of reception. I wonder how many doves' had their lives spared by people tweaking the dial or fiddling with the antennae? Certainly a lot less than the shells that would have been exepended. Someone would always have the Larry Munson/Ga. game on as well. While he was certainly no Al Ciraldo, I enjoyed listening to him too. (prepared to weather THAT storm from my Tech brethren).

"Dewberry breaks the huddle...little Jerry "Scooter" Mays dots the I"

"Hang on brothers and sisters, we got a thriller brewing here in Atlanta"

"It's up...it's high enough....it's goouuuttt"

Call me crazy, but the games always seemed so much more dramatic on the radio. maybe it was the announcers.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
This post made my nostalgic for Saturday dove fields in September. South Georgia. Always the game could be picked up from some station in Cairo, Bainbridge, Thomasville, etc. but maybe not with the greatest of reception. I wonder how many doves' had their lives spared by people tweaking the dial or fiddling with the antennae? Certainly a lot less than the shells that would have been exepended. Someone would always have the Larry Munson/Ga. game on as well. While he was certainly no Al Ciraldo, I enjoyed listening to him too. (prepared to weather THAT storm from my Tech brethren).

"Dewberry breaks the huddle...little Jerry "Scooter" Mays dots the I"

"Hang on brothers and sisters, we got a thriller brewing here in Atlanta"

"It's up...it's high enough....it's goouuuttt"

Call me crazy, but the games always seemed so much more dramatic on the radio. maybe it was the announcers.
I’m 100% resonating with you. Wherever my South Georgia travels took me I found the game. WAYX in Waycross was owned by a Tech man and always carried the game, for instance.

“Hang on brothers and sisters we have a bombshell in the making” is one I heard a few times.

brian22

Jolly Good Fellow

You should be able to get directv anywhere.