GT Vollebees

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
I would like to thank the GT Volleyball team for setting up the SECOND straight weekend I’ll have a house divided. This is awesome - and an awesome showing last night! :buzz:🌽

#GoJackets #BeattheHuskers
Just realized this was premature. I thought the Huskers win was the win that got them into the Sweet 16 - turns out it just got them to the round of 32. So I’ll be cheering for the Huskers over Missouri tonight, as I’d love to hear them in Lincoln - although it will be one of the tougher environments we’ve played in, should that come to pass.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Just realized this was premature. I thought the Huskers win was the win that got them into the Sweet 16 - turns out it just got them to the round of 32. So I’ll be cheering for the Huskers over Missouri tonight, as I’d love to hear them in Lincoln - although it will be one of the tougher environments we’ve played in, should that come to pass.
If Missou wins, the game is at Tech.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Whoa WHAT A MATCH!!! I can't even describe to tell you the emotional swings. We were on our toes the entire time and wow that last set!! Tam really brought out the beast. @ncaavolleyball on insta has some play clips and interview with Collier too. That spike at 14-14 was insane and the game winner - so scrappy but so gritty and amazing. Bertolino was struggling with her jump serves and it was correct for her to go back to the normal serves. Kennedy Martin is pretty incredible - would be interesting to see if she gets NPOY (or Babcock?). That #0 was on a tear, esp with her jump serves and gave me chills every time it was her rotation to serve. Scary player.

The fans definitely brought it last night. More folks showed up compared to the first night (big match, on Friday after all). We were standing right behind our players and we were screaming our heads off cheering for the team. Our players definitely heard us all during the match. I watched the replay and the stream doesn't do justice on how loudly we were cheering. The audio level just doesn't come through enough on TV. And we got into a little friendly spat with the FL student section as their fans seemed to only do chants in response to us but not on their own. You'd hear roars when they scored but other than that, there weren't much cheering and chants going on. It seemed like the only times they would chant for FL was when we started chanting for Tech - like LET'S GO TECH! LET'S GO TECH! and in response to us, they would start the let's go gators cheers to try to drown us out. Lame.

Also got to see a Tech man from Tampa with his 2 little boys. It was great. Some of us hung out at the hotel bar where all the parents were staying for celebration with former players and parents. Really fun evening. I saw Matti McKissock the first night and she was sitting next to Bella's parents. Didn't see her the second night but assume she was in the crowd somewhere. I wonder which team she was cheering for lol.

If the Huskers win today vs Mizzou, the next match is at Nebraska (dun dun dun). Yikes. If Mizzou wins, would be interesting to see Arielle Wilson again. So proud of what this team has done.

Last edited:

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Anyone going to Lincoln?
It's much more of an effort to be there for many of us but just wondering...

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I have watched every game we've played this year that was televised. Unless something changes and we play like we did against Louisville at home, we're going to get curb-stomped. Our middles are too slow reacting and their pin hitters will crush us. Deandra and Liv are going to have to be quick and active or it's going to be a short afternoon. Bianca needs to be on-form and Tamara needs to be sharp. We have the pieces to make this a match, but not if we continue to play the way we have in the several matches.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Scary part is that Nebraska does not have a single Senior on their team!

I read somewhere that the elite teams are really a level above the very good teams. Looks like it held true.

1702213337960.png

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
I read somewhere that the elite teams are really a level above the very good teams. Looks like it held true.

View attachment 15333
The only #1 seed to lose was Stanford who lost to Texas. Stanford joining the ACC next year will make the conference even tougher. We lose Pimentel and Manyang. Both D'Amico and Otene are seniors but I think I heard somewhere that Otene will return for her Covid year. Not sure about D'Amico, with Soares taking more time from her Bella may choose to move on. I'm sure CMC will be looking hard in the portal to find another piece or two especially at libero where we will sorely miss Pimentel. Not sure if we have her replacement already on our roster. Who knows, we might see another gem or two from Brazil.