GT Vollebees

Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Howdy y'all. Saw y'all referenced my work on From The Rumble Seat (which, deeply thankful for that!) and figured I'd chime in. I did a podcast episode with Kurt Hoyt recently that digs into the Nebraska game and other parts of the season, which I figured y'all might enjoy. I'll talk with Collier again at some point next year once we have a sense of who's joining the team and can discuss what the 2023>2024 transition will look like. One name we already know about is Logan Wiley (Alpharetta High School), who volleyballmag put as a 1st-team high school All-American at MB. They won a state title this year.

If y'all ever have questions I may be able to answer, we do a mailbag every week on the website. That'll be the easiest way for me to see any lingering questions just since I'm not over here all that often.

Cheers!
Jack Purdy

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Howdy y'all. Saw y'all referenced my work on From The Rumble Seat (which, deeply thankful for that!) and figured I'd chime in. I did a podcast episode with Kurt Hoyt recently that digs into the Nebraska game and other parts of the season, which I figured y'all might enjoy. I'll talk with Collier again at some point next year once we have a sense of who's joining the team and can discuss what the 2023>2024 transition will look like. One name we already know about is Logan Wiley (Alpharetta High School), who volleyballmag put as a 1st-team high school All-American at MB. They won a state title this year.

If y'all ever have questions I may be able to answer, we do a mailbag every week on the website. That'll be the easiest way for me to see any lingering questions just since I'm not over here all that often.

Cheers!
Jack Purdy

Hey nice of you to drop on in! You know I had just recently found From the Rumble Seat on Youtube and had just listened to the Kurt Hoyt episode then saw your post! I've listened to many more of the Scions episodes and they are so fun to listen to, not to mention very informational! I also listened to the hour+ episode with Bergmann and that was super interesting too! Thanks for doing this!

Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Hey nice of you to drop on in! You know I had just recently found From the Rumble Seat on Youtube and had just listened to the Kurt Hoyt episode then saw your post! I've listened to many more of the Scions episodes and they are so fun to listen to, not to mention very informational! I also listened to the hour+ episode with Bergmann and that was super interesting too! Thanks for doing this!
Thanks for listening! We try to cram as much in there as we can on a week by week basis. If there's anywhere to get the most news coming out of the GTAA in a given week across all sports, it's the podcast.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
I was listening to the scions podcast which has a lot of good content on the Volleybees. During the podcast there was a discussion of the lineup for next year and there was no mention of Mogridge playing in the middle (unless I missed it). Did I miss something? Is she still on the team? Just seemed strange that they were saying Pierce would start in the middle and they were trying to figure out who her backup would be and no mention of Mogridge.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I was listening to the scions podcast which has a lot of good content on the Volleybees. During the podcast there was a discussion of the lineup for next year and there was no mention of Mogridge playing in the middle (unless I missed it). Did I miss something? Is she still on the team? Just seemed strange that they were saying Pierce would start in the middle and they were trying to figure out who her backup would be and no mention of Mogridge.
She was injured much of the year. Pierce and the freshman (to lazy to look up her name) played very well in her place. Gave up some height, but were very quick.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
She was injured much of the year. Pierce and the freshman (to lazy to look up her name) played very well in her place. Gave up some height, but were very quick.
I get all of that, but unless she has aggravated that injury I don't believe either Pierce or Boezi played at the level of Mogridge before her injury. Neither of them are near the shot blocker that Liv was before the injury nor do either of them serve as well.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
If you're talking about Boezi, she's a sophomore (rising junior). Laura Fischer (Junior, rising senior) was the one I expected to get more burn when Mogridge was out, but for some reason, she didn't. Haven't heard or seen anything about Mogridge leaving. She's a rising junior next year and Pierce is a rising senior.

Cls66

Georgia Tech Fan
If you're talking about Boezi, she's a sophomore (rising junior). Laura Fischer (Junior, rising senior) was the one I expected to get more burn when Mogridge was out, but for some reason, she didn't. Haven't heard or seen anything about Mogridge leaving. She's a rising junior next year and Pierce is a rising senior.
Mogridge is pictured on the roster but Cukur and White are gone.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The 24-25 roster has Emiliano and Wiley but no picture yet
IIRC, in the past GT has not listed athletes on ramblinwreck.com until they are enrolled. I never made an in depth investigation because it did not seem to be an important distinction. At some point you have to have confidence the AA and coaches are being as forthcoming about roster changes as NCAA rules and Federal law allow. Since Coach Collier recruits so many international players, the rules might be entirely different.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Wow both Cukur and White are gone? I saw Cukur play a few times but I thought she was just gonna redshirt. With White, I've never seen her play in a match and last season often wondered why she'd be on the sidelines but not dressed in uniform and she never travelled with the team. The team doesn't share these types of info so does anyone know? I'm thinking either injury or academic?

For Cukur, I thought she was supposed to be the international get for us after Matti left and would compete for a spot against Bella but then we saw Soares come in as well and know how that turned out.

For players that "leave" the program, how does it work? If they're on scholarship, can the coach take away the scholarship if they're not performing up to expectations? Or would it be more of the player's own decision to leave?

So '24 season will be Soares and Emiliano running the 6-2?