GT Vollebees

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
At the San Diego match. Harper in the starting 6. Sanden also getting playing time. Good to see them getting some floor time. Otene not playing at all, hopefully resting and not injury.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Some flashbacks of the uga game from Friday today. Mendes was struggling to score after set 1. Manyang was a sure bet. If she touches the ball, we score. We need to get her in more, maybe even start her over Mendes.

Jazzchaz

Jolly Good Fellow
Some flashbacks of the uga game from Friday today. Mendes was struggling to score after set 1. Manyang was a sure bet. If she touches the ball, we score. We need to get her in more, maybe even start her over Mendes.
Perhaps because of her knee injuries, they are limiting her minutes.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
How about Kentucky who is even worse at 2-6 and still ranked 22nd. I understand the premise of good teams playing tough schedules but you would think you would have to win some of those tough games otherwise you are no different than the less talented teams that play these same opponents and lose. Rankings should be based on performance not potential.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
How about Kentucky who is even worse at 2-6 and still ranked 22nd. I understand the premise of good teams playing tough schedules but you would think you would have to win some of those tough games otherwise you are no different than the less talented teams that play these same opponents and lose. Rankings should be based on performance not potential.
Early season rankings are almost always based on expectations. There are few performances to go by. But, UK should not be ranked right now.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Early season rankings are almost always based on expectations. There are few performances to go by. But, UK should not be ranked right now.
We're 10 matches into the season. Undefeated teams at this point should be ranked pretty high. Those teams with multiple losses, even if they're losses to top teams, should be lower. We should be ranked higher than 13, probably closer to 6 or 7.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
We're 10 matches into the season. Undefeated teams at this point should be ranked pretty high. Those teams with multiple losses, even if they're losses to top teams, should be lower. We should be ranked higher than 13, probably closer to 6 or 7.
I agree 100%. The expectations for us were pretty high going in this season. I don't understand the UK ranking at all.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
With all the talks of 5-1 and 6-2 rotations this season, I really didn't know what they meant since I don't have experience playing volleyball. If anyone's a fan like me but don't quite get all the rules and plays of the game, I found these videos to help immensely. I'll keep a closer eye at the players next time!

5-1

6-2

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
With all the talks of 5-1 and 6-2 rotations this season, I really didn't know what they meant since I don't have experience playing volleyball. If anyone's a fan like me but don't quite get all the rules and plays of the game, I found these videos to help immensely. I'll keep a closer eye at the players next time!

5-1

6-2

If you go to the AVCA site where they have the Top25, they have a video explaining the Volleyball rotations.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
We climb back up to #11 in this week's rankings. For some reason Kentucky remains in the polls at 3-7 as does Ohio State at 4-7. And Minnesota is ranked 13 at 5-5. I don't think you would ever see this in any other sport.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Nice sweep 3-0 (25-16, 25-14, 25-21) at Virginia Tech last night. This was Michelle Collier's 101st win at GT making her the winningest VB coach at GT.

Next match at Wake Forest on Sunday @ 1 PM. TV: ACC Network Extra. This should be a good matchup for the Jackets. Wake is 11-3 (3-0) and just swept Clemson.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Nice sweep 3-0 (25-16, 25-14, 25-21) at Virginia Tech last night. This was Michelle Collier's 101st win at GT making her the winningest VB coach at GT.

Next match at Wake Forest on Sunday @ 1 PM. TV: ACC Network Extra. This should be a good matchup for the Jackets. Wake is 11-3 (3-0) and just swept Clemson.
Absolute domination. ViPISUe had no block for any of our big hitters. I so hope Mobridge didn't tear anything. Up big with 22 points in the 3rd set, leading 2-0, is a tough time to have one of your biggest hitters and middle blocker go down to a knee injury. Hopefully, it's just a little twisted. The way it happened, looked like it happened during the rotation to block on the right side and then as she was elevating, which is not a good sign. Maybe she just tweaked something.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Watching it on line she jumped for the block and landed on one foot and went straight to the court. As you said she sat their holding her right knee. The announcer seemed to think she landed on the other blocker's foot and rolled her ankle. Watching the replay I couldn't see any ankle roll but it was fuzzy. I did watch the post game handshake with VT at the net and Mobridge wasn't part of that so I'm not sure if that means anything. Like you said, she is an important part of the team anchoring the middle so hopefully with the week to heal and rest she can be ready to play next weekend.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah hope Mogridge didn't tear anything. Her landing didn't look anything like Stucky's at Florida (tore her ACL and MCL) but hope she's ok. Got really worried when she was limping off the court with help.

You guys notice how all these ACC teams we're playing have really good records so far? I'm like how is everyone we play able to have 10+ wins.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah hope Mogridge didn't tear anything. Her landing didn't look anything like Stucky's at Florida (tore her ACL and MCL) but hope she's ok. Got really worried when she was limping off the court with help.

You guys notice how all these ACC teams we're playing have really good records so far? I'm like how is everyone we play able to have 10+ wins.
A quick glance at their schedules shows very weak opponents leading up to conference play. Watching Virginia Tech play, those may be the only victories they will have for the remainder of the season.