GT Vollebees

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
I heard she had to have surgery and will be out for another few weeks. Hate that not only for her but I believe we are a better team playing in the 6-2. So either we will have to rely on a second setter or stick with the 5-1 like we did against UGA. Offensively we are fine but it hurts our blocking and takes players like Fischer and Harper out of the mix.
Oh man, that sucks. I feel bad for her. I saw Goolsby come in for a short time so looks like we tried 6-2? And Fischer played for a few. Hope Soares can return soon. Was reflecting back on last year when Morridge got hurt and it threw us off, tho Boezi did an admirable job stepping in. Haven't seen Boezi play yet this season... man, the competition is stiff.

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
I heard she had to have surgery and will be out for another few weeks. Hate that not only for her but I believe we are a better team playing in the 6-2. So either we will have to rely on a second setter or stick with the 5-1 like we did against UGA. Offensively we are fine but it hurts our blocking and takes players like Fischer and Harper out of the mix.
I think we'll play a 6-2 on Sunday against Pitt with Ashlyn Goolsby if we need to. She played last weekend to see if she can go. I think she's no Heloise Soares, but she's serviceable and is an experienced upper class(wo)man who will get the job done.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
I think we'll play a 6-2 on Sunday against Pitt with Ashlyn Goolsby if we need to. She played last weekend to see if she can go. I think she's no Heloise Soares, but she's serviceable and is an experienced upper class(wo)man who will get the job done.
Goolsby is a senior but has very little playing time during her time at Tech. I wish nothing but the best for her though. I see her dad at most of the home games; saw that he also attended the BYU game. That's dedication. Again, wishing nothing but the best.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Was at the match. Painful. I figured after the SMU match, Pitt would sweep us 3-0 but in all the years I've been watching GTVB, I haven't seen that level of butt whopping ever, as if we were playing an FCS school. Pitt has monsters players that could play for Nebraska, Texas, and Wisconsin. Babcock, Rachel Fairbanks, Bre Kelly... the fact that Vasquez Gomez, who was one of the anchors of the team a few years ago, has taken more of a backseat presence should tell you something. They hit extremely HARD and it's hard to defend. You can just hear the difference.

Things I've noticed the last 3 matches.
Struggles at serve receive, causing out of system (a lot), bad sets, and bad spikes. I'm wondering how we'll do against the other ACC schools.
We have barely any blocking while uga, SMU, and Pitt were all over us blocking.
Wondering what impact Soares being out is causing.

When the team plays hot, their percentages are off the charts (UF match, uga match sets 2-4). When we get beaten down we can't seem to snap out of it.

There's something going on with Otene, maybe mental. Lots of service errors (tons in uga match). I hope she can snap out of it.
Totally armchair QBing but I'd like to see Boezi play more. Michelle finally brought her in vs Pitt (albeit very short time), but she had 2 blocks and and a kill over the center.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Was at the match. Painful. I figured after the SMU match, Pitt would sweep us 3-0 but in all the years I've been watching GTVB, I haven't seen that level of butt whopping ever, as if we were playing an FCS school. Pitt has monsters players that could play for Nebraska, Texas, and Wisconsin. Babcock, Rachel Fairbanks, Bre Kelly... the fact that Vasquez Gomez, who was one of the anchors of the team a few years ago, has taken more of a backseat presence should tell you something. They hit extremely HARD and it's hard to defend. You can just hear the difference.

Things I've noticed the last 3 matches.
Struggles at serve receive, causing out of system (a lot), bad sets, and bad spikes. I'm wondering how we'll do against the other ACC schools.
We have barely any blocking while uga, SMU, and Pitt were all over us blocking.
Wondering what impact Soares being out is causing.

When the team plays hot, their percentages are off the charts (UF match, uga match sets 2-4). When we get beaten down we can't seem to snap out of it.

There's something going on with Otene, maybe mental. Lots of service errors (tons in uga match). I hope she can snap out of it.
Totally armchair QBing but I'd like to see Boezi play more. Michelle finally brought her in vs Pitt (albeit very short time), but she had 2 blocks and and a kill over the center.
Thanks for your comments. I usually try to watch the matches on ESPN/ACCNX, but had two miss both of these last ones.