GT Vollebees

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Wow both Cukur and White are gone? I saw Cukur play a few times but I thought she was just gonna redshirt. With White, I've never seen her play in a match and last season often wondered why she'd be on the sidelines but not dressed in uniform and she never travelled with the team. The team doesn't share these types of info so does anyone know? I'm thinking either injury or academic?

For Cukur, I thought she was supposed to be the international get for us after Matti left and would compete for a spot against Bella but then we saw Soares come in as well and know how that turned out.

For players that "leave" the program, how does it work? If they're on scholarship, can the coach take away the scholarship if they're not performing up to expectations? Or would it be more of the player's own decision to leave?

So '24 season will be Soares and Emiliano running the 6-2?
Each team is different. We may go back to the 5-1.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I believe she will be just fine. She was one of the best young setters in the world while playing for the Brazilian team.
I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote that. 5-1 versus 6-2 is going to be about who's at libero and what the plan is with Larrisa and Tamera. They're both listed as OHs, as well as Bianca. Who will be the RH? Didn't Larissa play RH last year with Smiley?

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote that. 5-1 versus 6-2 is going to be about who's at libero and what the plan is with Larrisa and Tamera. They're both listed as OHs, as well as Bianca. Who will be the RH? Didn't Larissa play RH last year with Smiley?
Maybe Bianca goes to libero? That is the position she plays on the Argentine national team.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Maybe Bianca goes to libero? That is the position she plays on the Argentine national team.
Right but in one of her interviews, she said she def likes playing as a hitter better but she didn't have that opportunity on the national team due to her height. I can't see her moving to libero at GT.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Right but in one of her interviews, she said she def likes playing as a hitter better but she didn't have that opportunity on the national team due to her height. I can't see her moving to libero at GT.
I think it depends on the play of our incoming freshman hitters and how well others perform as libero. Bianca is able to play OH and libero, so that's a great asset for coach Collier to have.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think it depends on the play of our incoming freshman hitters and how well others perform as libero. Bianca is able to play OH and libero, so that's a great asset for coach Collier to have.
Having an OH who can defend like a libero when she's on the back row is a HUGE advantage. I'm interested in who's going to be libero, Sanden? Winford? Looks like Bianco isn't on the team anymore.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Did you change the year to '24/'25? You may be making the same mistake I made before and are looking at this year's roster.
She is still shown on the 2024 roster. Plus she said she was returning for next year. But, she is listed as OH. Sanden and Winford are the only Liberos.

I think we still have at least one roster spot available for a transfer.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Are the games today and two others on the spring schedule considered scrimmages?
I believe so. Our ladies won all thee matches. In the photos it looks like Liv Mogridge didn't dress out. Does anyone know if she had offseason surgery for the injury she suffered last year and that's why she didn't dress out?