GT - UVA postgame thread

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
What happened to Gamble? I don't remember the 4th quarter...
With the caveat that I only listened to the game -- he was down and apparently in a good bit of pain. At first it looked like it might be head/concussion. They called for the cart.

Folks watching the replay have posted here and elsewhere that as the play ended a lineman essentially (and unintentionally) rolled over his legs. They taped his ankle and x-rays showed no break.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Back to the game. I have heard a lot of compliments to our defense for having played their best game and I want to second that. However, I also want to recognize that we were the beneficiary of many many drops by UVA receivers. Had the Cadavers executed their offense with any consistency and caught the balls that were there to be caught, the game would have been a lot more tense. The things to be excited about are that we actually got a little pressure on their QB at times and forced him to throw a little early. Gamble gave us some size on the SDE and he got some push at times. I liked the different alignments and I think they helped. The three man front with some varied blitz packages was more effective. Gotsis is just naturally better out on the end in the pass rush.

I also like how we stuffed the run. We forced them to throw on a windy day. Good for us. It reminds me of the USC Sun Bowl a little.
I like the sun bowl reference. I would add in that it did seem that everyone was wrapping up and tackling better.