GT - UVA postgame thread

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
After venting about parking:
What an awesome win. Best defensive effort of the year. Offense started on fire then cooled, but the defense held serve. Domination.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Our offense has been no where near "average" this year. I actually thought their D played well today. First game where our O was truly slowed for a little while. It wasn't penalties or turnovers like in the Duke game. Their D just slowed us down for the first time all season really.
"Slowed us down a little bit," might be about right. We average 38 points a game, so I guess you could say they held us 3 points under our average. ;)

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Friends, Techmen, GTswarmers, lend me your ears;
I come to bury Tenuta, not to praise him.

Can we now call a halt to the "I wish we still had Tenuta as DC " talk? Please!
The guy has a career record of fielding defenses that make spectacular plays and end up losing
to average offenses. Like today.

I say bury him.
Agree. If he was so good, he would be somewhere besides UVA.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Friends, Techmen, GTswarmers, lend me your ears;
I come to bury Tenuta, not to praise him.

Can we now call a halt to the "I wish we still had Tenuta as DC " talk? Please!
The guy has a career record of fielding defenses that make spectacular plays and end up losing
to average offenses. Like today.

I say bury him.

Some of us in the North stands basically had this conversation.

Well said @collegeballfan .

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
Some of us in the North stands basically had this conversation.

Well said @collegeballfan .

Lol good ol GT fanbase. Offense is in top 20 in the nation but meh its "average" just like Tenutas top 30 D when he was here was "ok but I thought it sucked."

I maintain in 12 years the same posters who blame the D for the Gailey years will be talking about how CPJ's offenses were great but kept us from reaching the next level. Like the MTSU nightmare that we lost 49-28, of only CPJ had scored 4 more times.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Lol good ol GT fanbase. Offense is in top 20 in the nation but meh its "average" just like Tenutas top 30 D when he was here was "ok but I thought it sucked."

I maintain in 12 years the same posters who blame the D for the Gailey years will be talking about how CPJ's offenses were great but kept us from reaching the next level. Like the MTSU nightmare that we lost 49-28, of only CPJ had scored 4 more times.

Get off it man

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Only thing I'm disappointed in was seeing no one in the stands ! I watched with a Michigan State fan and he asked me why no one shows up to your games and you have a good team?!? Didn't really know how to respond to that. But it was embarrassing to hear especially on homecoming.
I blamed it on the cold. Between the older people who are afraid of getting sick and some of the young people who were just too hungover, there were just enough excuses to keep some of the stands empty. Then add to that the special seating area which is never full because it allows those people who make big contributions to get in out of the cold and you had lots of bare spaces scattered around the stadium. Tech being Tech, I guess.

GPD

Jolly Good Fellow
Just flat out love this team... one of my all-time favorites.
-They play hard every week
-They never quit
-They represent us proudly on and off the field.
-Have you noticed in their interviews every one of our players when ask to comment on an individual achievement ALWAYS credits somebody else on the team?
Guess I would say they are pro's all the way and I'm proud of 'em.

GPD

Jolly Good Fellow
Great post @GPD !

Thanks Lifsey... You know, we've never been a big ME ME ME Showboat type program but this group has taken "togetherness" and "team" and "professionalism" to a whole new level.

Most of us have been around the program for a long time and have a pretty good feel for the mojo and "flow" of our football team... I bet you would agree that we could see this coming through the winter, spring and summer. They worked their tails off with 2 things in mind (based on their off season comments) Getting stronger physically and finishing games stronger. I am always going to support them and cheer for them no matter what, and I know they're not perfect but by gosh they've damn sure earned my complete respect with their effort and performance this year. They make me a humble fan.

I blamed it on the cold. Between the older people who are afraid of getting sick and some of the young people who were just too hungover, there were just enough excuses to keep some of the stands empty. Then add to that the special seating area which is never full because it allows those people who make big contributions to get in out of the cold and you had lots of bare spaces scattered around the stadium. Tech being Tech, I guess.
I just don't understand how a Tennessee team that hasn't done crap in years still draws 100,000 for every home game. And we can't fill up the stands WITH OUR FANS

dhbartlett12

Ramblin' Wreck
Agreed. We win out and there is a great chance we get into the Orange. I could care less what Duke does. It's not in our control. Beat NCSt, Clemson, an UGA.

I second this sentiment. The best we can do this season is beat uga and win the Orange bowl. Thats pretty amazing! Lets do it.