GT - UNC Prediction thread

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
Our D can' contain their QB and CPJ keeps JT in the game long enough for him to aggravate his ankle. Byerly steps up and steamrolls our way out of a hole for a comfortable win. 45-32

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone's prediction accounted for the impact of UNC's pink stenciling? I know what it's for, just sayin'.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
48 -38 GT wins. Pretty high scoring game. Our O comes ready to play and the D gets just enough stops to pull out the victory. We need to get the crowd out of the game ASAP. Night games are hard to win on the road. GO JACKETS!!

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
We, through mistakes, seem to be the only ones that can effectively stop our offense and I don't see North Carolina stopping us. Without major mistakes GT 45- NC-28, if we have 2 more turnovers than them, they eek out a win 35-28.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
I think this is another shoot-out--unc 42 T 38
for several reasons-
-we don't have a good def (we have one fumble recovery this yr),they have a very good Off--if they can play close vs NDame up there,they can play
-they are at home
-they are due ,about time they beat us,if dook can,they can

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Based on previous outings I don't envision more the 8 or 9 possessions each. Scores in the 50's seem a bit high.
33-30 us.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Glad you read it that way too. I checked it 3 times because it doesn't make sense.

Also notice they are over 90% confident (92.1%). When they are 90-100% confident, they are 5-0 this year and 68-2 last year. Obviously playing statistical match-ups of some type. This is the last thing the players need to see or believe.

Regardless, I think this is the order of our toughest games this year:
@Ugag
Clemson (QB will be back)
@UNC
UVa
@Pitt
@NC State

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think UNC is made for us. I really do. Their defense is not a strength. They haven't had time to prepare nor do they have any reason to be confident or trust each other in an environment that places a premium on assignments and trust. Our offense is the perfect antidote to their up tempo offense. We grind it out while they chill on the sideline. They get no rhythm our defense gets rest. They score a good bit too on some big plays but also have some 3 and outs from being iced. TECH scores big, UNC scores medium. TECH OWNS the TOP, but only about 100 yard advantage in TOT OFF. If we win TO battle +2 or more it is a whitewash. If neutral we win by 10. If we are -2 then it is a dead heat. If we are -3 or worse, I don't want to talk about it.

Time to throw a stake in the sand: GT 45 - UNC 34

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Glad you read it that way too. I checked it 3 times because it doesn't make sense.

Also notice they are over 90% confident (92.1%). When they are 90-100% confident, they are 5-0 this year and 68-2 last year. Obviously playing statistical match-ups of some type. This is the last thing the players need to see or believe.

Regardless, I think this is the order of our toughest games this year:
@Ugag
Clemson (QB will be back)
@UNC
UVa
@Pitt
@NC State

They predicted us to beat Duke by 21.4 (44.4-23.0) last week at 82% confidence, fwiw.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@AE 87 I think we played one of those 18 out of a 100 games last week, a perfect storm so to say. I hope we play one of the 92 out of a 100 games this week.

Leonard Larramore

Jolly Good Fellow
The first 3 possessions will decide this game. NC will win if they score, stop our ....O, then score again. GT win if they score, stop the NC... O and score again. (TOUCHDOWN'S not FG'S). It will be a very close game if each team exchanges scores. My only concern is our depth on the line (O/D). Hopefully GT does not pick up that extra player named FATIGUE!!!! This guy has hurt serveral teams this year. I know football is 4 quarters but I just have a feeling that whoever gets ahead by two scores will impact the other team mentally.

I will also like to see our corners mix it up. We need to Jam receivers. Off hand (riding them out) or Two hands. We need to throw the timing off of the receiver therefore buying a little time for our D to get to their QB or force him to make bad throws because we have interupted the timing of the play. We cannot comtinue to give up the short pass. Anyone know how many stops we've had in the redzone this year? Anyway I am routing for the Jackets to bring home a W!!!!

Let's Go Jackets!!!!!!!!!!!
Excuse the errors fam!!!