GT - UNC Prediction thread

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Just like against VT, I won't pick since I don't think we are going to win.

Too many players not at 100% for us, and we'll need a clean game to win. Hopefully having the week off from classes will have our guys focused.

UNC is overdue for a win having lost the last 5 to us. UNC is playing better as the season goes on, just like last year. Also, watching the VT Pitt game now, I realize how awful VT (and Pitt) is.

Anyway, some good notes on UNC and us at http://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/2014/10/16/6991221/georgia-tech-football-north-carolina-q-a/in/6754726. Good thing for us that Hood is out.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Larry Fedora’s abs: 75, GT: 44, UNC: 31

Larry Fedora then watches Sportcenter later that night and cries when he realizes Kliff Kingsbury’s abs put up 81 on the Jayhawks.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
I don't feel like this is going to be as high scoring as many of you think (when does a tech game ever go as planned?) I think we run the ball down their throats, but Smelter has a decent day ~75 yards.

27-17 GT

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Once again, if I pick GT, they will lose. I once again learned that, when for the first time this season, I picked us over Duke in the ESPN college pickem last week. BIG mistake. (note: The games against our first 3 opponents were not on the list) I had picked against us for daU and VPI, and as usual, this strategy worked. So, I will not pick here, but if I am forced to, I will do my due diligence, and pick the other guys. :)

Georgia Tech 45
Carolina 24
A big day for Justin Thomas, and our defense continues to show improvement. The Tarheel defense starts out bad, and gets worn down by halftime.

Still can't explain this game moving back to a pick 'em.

Leonard Larramore

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, it's Thursday :)
The first 3 possessions will decide this game. NC will win if they score, stop our ....O, then score again. GT win if they score, stop the NC... O and score again. (TOUCHDOWN'S not FG'S). It will be a very close game if each team exchanges scores. My only concern is our depth on the line (O/D). Hopefully GT does not pick up that extra player named FATIGUE!!!! This guy has hurt serveral teams this year. I know football is 4 quarters but I just have a feeling that whoever gets ahead by two scores will impact the other team mentally.

I will also like to see our corners mix it up. We need to Jam receivers. Off hand (riding them out) or Two hands. We need to throw the timing off of the receiver therefore buying a little time for our D to get to their QB or force him to make bad throws because we have interupted the timing of the play. We cannot comtinue to give up the short pass. Anyone know how many stops we've had in the redzone this year? Anyway I am routing for the Jackets to bring home a W!!!!

Let's Go Jackets!!!!!!!!!!!

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
51 - 17 GT Wins.
No clue really. NC is hard to read. Good offense, bad defense against Good offense, bad defense. But..I think our offense is better than NC offense.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
51 - 17 GT Wins.
No clue really. NC is hard to read. Good offense, bad defense against Good offense, bad defense. But..I think our offense is better than NC offense.
We have definitely been the better team this year on both sides of the ball but UNCs game v ND was better. They're getting better, and we really haven't been.