GT-UNC IS OFFICIALLY A WHITEOUT

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
I’ll give myself credit here. I don’t bet on GT basketball often, but about 3 minutes into this game I knew. And I put my $ where my mind was at and smashed the GT money line.

I’ve watched every UNC and GT conference game this season, and it was immediately obvious that UNC didn’t wanna be there and GT was desperate. Unfortunately, I had this feeling so early on that I actually made this bet before Ndongo got hurt, which meant I missed out on that juice. That being said, I probably would’ve changed my mind and not bet had I saw him get hurt.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Wierd. We held their whole team in check except rj davis. He had 28, but no one else reached double figures. Ingram and Ryan both played 35-36 minutes, each shot 3-14, and they were their only two starters with a negative plus/minus. Those two really struggled. Thank god.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
They also took 77 shots to our 61. Big disparity. Mainly due to offensive rebounds obviously. But we out % shot them. And we smoked them at the free throw line for once.

Tom

Georgia Tech Fan
It’s neither as good or as it bad as it seems. Who cares. Big win. Fun game to watch. Will be interesting to see how GT looks once Stoudamire has his guys. There’s hope for the future. Don’t know if there’s hope for this season as the team hasn’t shown consistency but now is a good time to start. Here’s to winning out and making the big dance

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
It’s neither as good or as it bad as it seems. Who cares. Big win. Fun game to watch. Will be interesting to see how GT looks once Stoudamire has his guys. There’s hope for the future. Don’t know if there’s hope for this season as the team hasn’t shown consistency but now is a good time to start. Here’s to winning out and making the big dance
I care! Every win, especially with two 5* recruits there, is a good win.

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
Given injury to Ndongo, I think Claude was the player of the game. The minutes he put in, never in danger of fouling out, hustling on both ends, an And 1 critical play, but most importantly using his size disadvantage to take a “low man wins” approach to defensive positioning on Bacot all night long. That was incredibly disruptive to the inside-out action UNC likes to run for their 3 point shooters. Sure Kyle and Nait were amazing, but we’re not steadily close without Ty ruining their offensive rhythm.
I hope he plays with that confidence going forward, I think it’s the only thing limiting consistent contributions. He’s transferred from a smaller school, but he can play with ACC guys, IMO.

spdrama

Jolly Good Fellow
More so than any other game this season, the win over the #3 ranked team in the nation last night really showed what this team is capable of doing. They didn’t just win because they had their A game on and a ranked team showed up with less than their best effort. We couldn’t even get to our A game with Ndongo out at the 4 minute mark. Players came off the bench that never expected to get minutes and played to the expectations of their coach, albeit, far above the expectations of their fans.

They’ve played hard before. Last night they played even harder & tougher. For 40 minutes they communicated with each other, always in motion on both ends of the court & every second with a collective positive winners’ look on their faces. The body language of an entire team always showing they were in control.

Remember that before this season, only Kelly, Sturdivant & Coleman had ever played together before. Two freshman started. Another came off the bench. The entire coaching staff is new. Slowly, step by step over a long season, CDS has made no bones about the system he is installing and what he expects of his players, individually and as a team. And with every loss, he and his system and coaching ability have been questioned by many.

Last evening we may not have seen what the 2023-24 team will continue to play like for the rest of this season. But we did see what the future of Tech basketball program is going to look like under this coach.

And I won’t listen to anyone who says UNC had an off night shooting. Their offense was contested all night. UNC’s offense met its match against Tech’s defense. UNC fans are saying the team had a bad night. Bull****. Tech defense gave them a bad night. Coach Hubert Davis credited Tech for playing harder. RJ Davis admitted his team was “outplayed”. His words, not mine.

My hope is this was evidence that CDS was right about these players having more ability than I recognized and they will finish the season strong. But no matter the finish to 2023-24, more sold out Thrillerdomes with big wins & post season action is coming.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
YESSSS! Way to go, Jackets! So glad to see one finally go our way. Gutty performance and truly a team effort. Who would have given us a chance after Baye went down?

What I liked:
-The ending!
-George and Sturdivant playing like men possessed down the stretch. They scored 25 or our 37 second half points.
-Free throws. This was a huge improvement from previous games and really helped keep us in it and ahead.
-Bacot got 9 points and 9 rebounds. TY CLAUDE got 9 points and 8 rebounds. I'm impressed. EB is still a net negative on the floor but he made his 4 fouls count. Gapare was also huge with 8 rebounds and 3 blocks. We needed every one of them!
-Murphy and Sacko back in the rotation. They don't score a whole lot but they play smart and do the little things well.

What I didn't like:
-Too much baby blue in McCamish.
-Ndongo going down.
-22 offensive rebounds for UNC. Ouch.
-Guys missing shots after beautiful passes from George. He could have had another 5 assists, at least.

Man, I really hope we can build on this. I thought UNC did not play well, but our defense and effort was pretty solid all game. Can we go on a run?

Go Jackets!