GT-UNC IS OFFICIALLY A WHITEOUT

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
sort of seems like we may have a problem with getting up for games against non-ranked opponents…
Kind of like football - lose to Bowling Green, beat Miami.
Go 3-7 in the ACC and two of the three wins are Duke and UNC. Weird.

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
This is without Ndongo for most of the game. I'm afraid I'm going to wake up tomorrow and see the real score. What a credit to our guards, not to mention the rest of the team. This literally makes the season regardless of our final record.

spdrama

Jolly Good Fellow
Where are all the CDS haters tonite? This is what he has been preachin’ & teachin’. Toughness, the little things, communication, finishing plays & for 40 minutes & learning what it feels like to be a winner. And with Ndongo out, what a superior use of the bench every step of the way. Someone dare say this guy gets out-coached again.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
All you Tech “faithful” that sold their seats to UNC fans … you get what you deserve. Missing a great win! Shame on you for not supporting our boys in white and gold. To be honest … I’m really over all you fair weather Tech fans.
I think you’re yelling at ghosts here. UNC fans didn’t need Tech fans to sell them tickets, they just bought them online. The arena is barely half-full for games that aren’t UNC, Duke, or UGA. If anything you should scolding Tech fans for not buying tickets at all, instead of for selling their tickets to UNC fans.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
What an effort. Just pure heart from everyone dawning the white and gold tonight. Amazing defense, contesting every shot. CDS deserved this, the players deserved this, the fans and students deserved this. Let’s keep it rolling against the whole damn Tobacco Road on Saturday.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Great win!!! My brother is a huge Carolina fan (that was griping about fouls the whole second half), so that made it even greater. Inside guys really stepped up without Baye. Frustrating team to watch because our record could be and should be much better than it is. I love the win though!!!

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Where are all the CDS haters tonite? This is what he has been preachin’ & teachin’. Toughness, the little things, communication, finishing plays & for 40 minutes & learning what it feels like to be a winner. And with Ndongo out, what a superior use of the bench every step of the way. Someone dare say this guy gets out-coached again.

I mean, I've pretty much avoided the game chat and game threads most of the year but since you asked nicely. Although since you have me ignored I'll doubt you see.

It was a great game. Considering the "haters" likely hold the position that the team has more talent than the record would indicate, I'm not sure this game really proves what you think it does.

I do find it odd after holding Bascot to 9 points and 9 rebounds (and with Ndongo out), you aren't also calling for those who were repeatedly talking down to our backcourt and placing the blame on them. Funny how that works.

Anyways, great win. Always good to beat UNC especially with the talk of them going undefeated in conference starting to creep up. Unfortunately couldn't watch it live, but at least I'll enjoy myself watching the replay. Glad to see Kelly have a fairly good game, especially in the first half. And PG play really stepped up offensively with George and Kyle combining for 34 points and 8 assists. Especially liked Nait getting to the line for 10 FTAs as that is a big weapon.