GT to play at MB stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The stairs in BDS are too steep, but the stairs in MBS are not? I seem to recall that the upper level stairs in MBS are incredibly steep.
Good catch of my lack of clarity.

Mbs - has hand rails and steps are less drop per step. Both are steep.
We are fine w bds as we get there when gates open so we can crip down to be by players bench . Have to wait till everyone leaves. No big deal except for heat while watching a meaning less 66 point victory in the heat. Wife loves sitting right behind player bench and w their family.

We totally love bds.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Just a quick question: How many of the posters that are opposed to GT playing at MBS attend all the games at BDS every season?

I missed the UNC game in 2017 because I was out of town for work. I missed the UNC game in 2015 because I was at a funeral. Do those count as missing? Other than that, I am there.

I am not totally opposed to playing a game at MBS. I am definitely opposed to turning a home Clemson game into a neutral site game and sharing revenue with them. If it is a home game, GT season ticket holders should get prime seats and visitors should get what is left over. If it is a home game, the announcements, music, and sound effects should be directed by GT. If it is a home game, the overhead screens should play GT supplied content and not neutral bland content.

Bret McMurphy has said the Clemson game will be the season opener in MBS, but I haven't seen any confirmation of that. We don't know if it will be a Peach Bowl controlled game and neutral, or a GT home game. Until we know: what games, how many games, and format of those games: a lot of the bickering is crazy.

TaxJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I missed the UNC game in 2017 because I was out of town for work. I missed the UNC game in 2015 because I was at a funeral. Do those count as missing? Other than that, I am there.

I am not totally opposed to playing a game at MBS. I am definitely opposed to turning a home Clemson game into a neutral site game and sharing revenue with them. If it is a home game, GT season ticket holders should get prime seats and visitors should get what is left over. If it is a home game, the announcements, music, and sound effects should be directed by GT. If it is a home game, the overhead screens should play GT supplied content and not neutral bland content.

Bret McMurphy has said the Clemson game will be the season opener in MBS, but I haven't seen any confirmation of that. We don't know if it will be a Peach Bowl controlled game and neutral, or a GT home game. Until we know: what games, how many games, and format of those games: a lot of the bickering is crazy.

This.... If it's a home game it better feel like one and there should be no revenue split at all.

Also, I've only missed two games at BDS recently, both to study for the CPA exam

Deleted member 2897

I hate to tell y’all, but we haven’t played hardly a night home game in years. Bobby Dodd Stadium sucks for noon games. I’m excited to see Tech put itself back into the national spotlight by playing a game that people might watch in one of the most technologically advanced venues in the world.

As far as Clemson fans showing up and taking over, what the hell games have y’all been watching the last several years? Every Clemson/Tech game I’ve seen has been a sea of orange. This isn’t going to change that.

This MIGHT get more fans from the Atlanta to go to a Tech game. This MIGHT help with recruiting. This ENSURES a nationally televised night game on national TV. This also helps our cash strapped program.

We average less than 1 Saturday night home game per year. Sad. Especially given our record in them:
2018: Miami: WIN
2017: Wake Forest: WIN
2015: Florida State: WIN
2014: Miami: WIN
2013: Pittsburgh: WIN
2012: Presbyterian: WIN
2011: Clemson: WIN
2009: Clemson: WIN
2009: Georgia: loss (30-24)

The scheduling we get, plus the excessive bye weeks opponents got not only materially and negatively hurt our record, it also hurts ticket revenue. Home games in the afternoon and especially evening average thousands and thousands more tickets sold than noon games.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Notre dame at Bobby Dodd is fine with me.

What if we treat Notre dame as an every other year game always at MBS? Little rivalry and huge numbers for us. Win win. We can beat them. They are soft.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
What if we treat Notre dame as an every other year game always at MBS? Little rivalry and huge numbers for us. Win win. We can beat them. They are soft.

When they are forced to join the ACC, along with UCONN, would you want Notre Dame in our division or replace Clemson as our yearly rival?

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
When they are forced to join the ACC, along with UCONN, would you want Notre Dame in our division or replace Clemson as our yearly rival?
If that were to happen they would likely realign the divisions and we would have Clemson put in our division. Pod system would be the likely outcome of a 16 team league because it makes scheduling more manageable.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Don't understand it. I guess $ will win out, but man. Those are our marquee home games, and we want to remove our home field advantage? I think all of us would much prefer BDS, especially considering our record in the Dome-the Benz.
Georgia Tech was paid $2.85M for the game against Tenn!! This is a great way to imrpove Georgia Tech's Brand and appeal to recruits and help overcome our Cash problem. (remember we are trying to raise $$$ for AI 2020)
We need to win these games.... for this to help us in recruits eyes...IMHO

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Let’s take our two marquee games and move them, brilliant

I mean. What if clemson and gt always played at mbs from now on? Maybe this is a first step like uga uf?

I would be ok with that

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
Uconn? Da fuk? No thanks. WVU, UCF, Memphis, Cincy, even Navy are all better choices. Penn State would be the ultimate prize.

herb

Helluva Engineer
I mean. What if clemson and gt always played at mbs from now on? Maybe this is a first step like uga uf?

I would be ok with that

It sounds as if I am in the minority, which is fine, but I don’t want to play there. I like where we play. I like being on campus. It has a value to me over and above the football game. I, personally, don’t like going to football games indoors. Many others apparently feel otherwise, but I don’t think their feelings are any more valid than mine. Now if it is an additional game, like Tennessee, that would be a different story perhaps, but I am not in favor of a game in lieu of a home game. Just my thoughts

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
It sounds as if I am in the minority, which is fine, but I don’t want to play there. I like where we play. I like being on campus. It has a value to me over and above the football game. I, personally, don’t like going to football games indoors. Many others apparently feel otherwise, but I don’t think their feelings are any more valid than mine. Now if it is an additional game, like Tennessee, that would be a different story perhaps, but I am not in favor of a game in lieu of a home game. Just my thoughts

And thats fine. I would personally sign up for gt clemson or gt fsu on a neutral field every year if we could like uga uf.

Now. I realize this article or tweet is just referring to us playing outside of bds for one home game etc. and with that said I dont want to make that a regular event each year replacing one of our home games.

But if it leads to a yearly neutral field game with a rival call me on board.

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
I think a lot of the haters of this plan are due to tailgating concerns. Obviously all of us would rather tailgate at GT vs the gulch or HD backyard or whatever is there in 2020. I wish that tstan would provide the entire fleet of stinger buses to shuttle us from campus to MBS. I'm sure that will never happen though. Gotta get that parking $.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I think a lot of the haters of this plan are due to tailgating concerns. Obviously all of us would rather tailgate at GT vs the gulch or HD backyard or whatever is there in 2020. I wish that tstan would provide the entire fleet of stinger buses to shuttle us from campus to MBS. I'm sure that will never happen though. Gotta get that parking $.
I'm old fashioned in that i think all home games should be played in BDS

Status
Not open for further replies.