GT signing with....

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
No way in hell adidas provides for us this year in football. Way to close to kickoff to get it done. Bball is a possibility but I doubt either Tech or Adidas would be very motivated to pay off the Russell contract just to get an early start.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
No way in hell adidas provides for us this year in football. Way to soon to kickoff to get it done. Bball is a possibility but I doubt either Tech or Adidas would be very motivated to pay off the Russell contract just to get an early start.
Never say never. This is Georgia Tech you are taking about. Also they did stuff for baseball this year, maybe they've none all along but they just now bought at Russell so they could announce.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I pray this is not an announcement about a H & H with temple(Kidding)

Nike - I feel we would have been way down the totem pole. And, believe it or not, swoosh will eventually make a mistake. Nobody is # 1 forever.

U/A - Plank is gonna screw them up with his focus on politics. They are starting to hurt themselves.

Adidas - I gotta trust TStan on this call. I see a TON more upside than downside. We are soon to be a MBB national power, along with good football. If Adidas deal went sour, others would come hard after us.

I am excited!

JMO

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
I think people are getting too hung up on who makes the best looking stuff. I absolutely could not care any less about that. Give me the company with the highest bid which it's rumored they were. I'm not expecting a UCLA deal but we have to be a top 3-4 brand in their stable now so I'm expecting some serious coin.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
No way in hell adidas provides for us this year in football. Way to close to kickoff to get it done. Bball is a possibility but I doubt either Tech or Adidas would be very motivated to pay off the Russell contract just to get an early start.
Isn't the whole premise of the "speedfactory" that they can rapidly prototype custom uniforms? Given the timeframe until kickoff, that would be some good PR for adidas.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Airmax and Frees are longterm winners. Clutch. Yeezys and boosts are a fad, like fidget spinners and 2 Chainz.

I'm anxious to see the design of the unis, but the Adidas logo is what it is.
Fidget spinners, yes. 2 chainz not a damn chance....bc pretty girls like rap music.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Never mind

Effective July 1, 2018, the new partnership is for six years through 2024.

Kind of a let down that we won't be coming out in new brand THIS season. Especially after the exciting teases yesterday.

I can see Russell being like "oh here's some old cotton sweatpants we got layin around the warehouse. Y'all can rock those for 2017."

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Also, for those who care what the players like, I've never seen GSU players as pumped as they were when Adidas busted these out a couple years ago.

Attachments

• GSU.jpg
    GSU.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 134
  • GSU helmet.jpg
    GSU helmet.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 128

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Airmax and Frees are longterm winners. Clutch. Yeezys and boosts are a fad, like fidget spinners and 2 Chainz.

I'm anxious to see the design of the unis, but the Adidas logo is what it is.
The original ultraboost released February of 2015 and the yeezy boost on April of 2015. Fads don't tend to last that long and continue to dominate the market.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
Thank god we have something else to talk about.

I feel like this was a pretty good move. Adidas is trying to build their base and probably signed a contract favoring Tech.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Kind of a let down that we won't be coming out in new brand THIS season. Especially after the exciting teases yesterday.

I can see Russell being like "oh here's some old cotton sweatpants we got layin around the warehouse. Y'all can rock those for 2017."

If this had happened earlier in the summer, I could see them being able to outfit us with unis this soon. They don't have enough lead time at this point. At most, I think we'll see equipment like those fancy-smancy gloves and maybe some generic, color-appropriate shoes.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Don't expect to see new uni's until July 2018... however some picture might "leak" prior to then.

"Aug. 22, 2017

PORTLAND, Ore. (adidas Public Relations) - adidas and Georgia Tech announced on Tuesday that they have entered into a multi-year partnership in which the three-stripe brand will serve as the exclusive supplier for Georgia Tech athletics uniforms, apparel, footwear and accessories for the Yellow Jackets' 17 varsity sports programs.

"If you want to be embedded in sport in America, you have to be embedded in sport in the South," said Mark King, adidas North America president. "A partnership with Georgia Tech Athletics puts us at the heart of sport. Together we'll take our shared passion for sport and innovation to create for athletes. This partnership is collaboration at its core. We're sharing new ideas, we're learning from each other and we're asking why, all with the shared ambition to shape the future of sport."

Georgia Tech is known as a technologically-focused institution in the fields of engineering, computing, sciences, business and design. Its campus culture revolves around innovation and empowering creators -- values that adidas reveres. At the same time, the Institute has a deep-rooted history in sports, competing at the highest level in one of the toughest conferences in collegiate sports - the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC). With that in mind, both partners recognize an opportunity to intersect at the level of innovation that Georgia Tech exudes on campus, and embed it into the Institute's sport culture. In this new partnership, adidas and Georgia Tech will collaborate and explore ways to move sport forward both on the field for the athletes and off the field for the fan through the enhancement of fan engagement and community development.

"Based on our shared values of innovation and excellence, adidas is the ideal partner for Georgia Tech Athletics. We're thrilled to be a part of the adidas family," Georgia Tech director of athletics Todd Stansbury said. "We look forward to collaborating with adidas to provide our student-athletes and fans with the most cutting-edge athletic gear in the marketplace and to amplify the Georgia Tech Athletics brand in Atlanta and beyond."

Georgia Tech is a heartbeat of its hometown in Atlanta, a city that adidas values from a grassroots and sport and culture perspective. Atlanta will soon be home to the three-stripe brand's new state-of-the-art footwear production facility called SPEEDFACTORY. The adidas SPEEDFACTORY will allow the company to create product more quickly and closer to U.S. consumers.

Effective July 1, 2018, the new partnership is for six years through 2024."