GT signing with....

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Guys, i am LOVING our new AD, this guy gets it!

I loved me some Dr. Rice...but this guy (TS)??!!!! We have never lost to Uga in FB with Todd as our AD plus we get Adidas. Think about that for a second. If I ever get a new grand kid or bird dog puppy, I am going insist on naming him/her Todd. Maybe Cremins or Calvin for the middle name but that is negotiable imo.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm excited about the new adidas deal, but let's hear the numbers and see the delivered product before naming babies and crowning the AD. As much as we all hated Russell they did pay us very well all factors considered. I am a huge homer but being realistic, Georgia Tech isn't the biggest fish so I understand we aren't going to get elite money. The undeniable upside is that this deal is only 6 years so if we are being underpaid or getting second rate service we can jump ship a lot sooner than most teams.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I'm excited about the new adidas deal, but let's hear the numbers and see the delivered product before naming babies and crowning the AD.

bro, it's sports. in the preseason. and it's right currently smack dab in the middle of cocktail hour. If I can't be euphoric and giddy now, when can/will I ever be? Don't harsh my mellow. This is a great time to be alive. With the best AD ever. The best team and coach ever.The best Bback even though he has probably never carried the ball more than 6 times in his or her career.It's time for our next natty. If you want to rain on this parade, well then don't. If we end up 6-5 or whatever and you want to come back and call me an idiot, then that's ok. Just don't $%&* with my preseason buzz (pun unintended). OK? I have a job and other $%* for that kind of "realism" or drama.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I loved me some Dr. Rice...but this guy (TS)??!!!! We have never lost to Uga in FB with Todd as our AD plus we get Adidas. Think about that for a second. If I ever get a new grand kid or bird dog puppy, I am going insist on naming him/her Todd. Maybe Cremins or Calvin for the middle name but that is negotiable imo.

Cremins and Stansbury ... Bobby Todd

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Happy it's not UA. Go to the bookstore and find me one UA apparel that looks good. Same problem as Russell.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Team won't get new unis till '18 but......there ain't nothing preventing GT from granting adidas licensing rights to start pumping out "Tech Gold" merchandise to us fans.

If they do I will make adidas very happy and the wife somewhat unhappy as I go gonzo. :cool:

Adidas has had licensing rights for years to produce:
01A (Men's/Unisex T-shirts)
01B (Men's/Unisex Outerwear)
01D (Men's/Unisex Combo-Packaged
Goods)
01E (Jerseys/Uniforms)
01F (Infant/Toddler Apparel)
01G (Youth Apparel)
01H (Men's Fashion Apparel)
01I (Women's T-shirts)
01J (Men's/Unisex Fleece)
01L (Men's/Unisex Performance
Apparel)
01M (Clothing Accessories)
01S (Women's Fleece Tops & Bottoms)
01T (Women's Outerwear)
01V (Women's Jerseys & Performance
Apparel)
01W (Women's Fashion Tops)
01X (Women's Fashion Bottoms)
04D (Gifts & Novelties - Miscellaneous)
06A (Sports Equipment)
07D (Infant Products)
07E (Footwear)

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
adidas-originals-zx-flux-tech-01.png

Adidas calls this "Tech Gold"

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Goods)
01E (Jerseys/Uniforms)
01G (Youth Apparel)
01I (Women's T-shirts)
Apparel)
01T (Women's Outerwear)
Apparel)
06A (Sports Equipment)
07D (Infant Products)
07E (Footwear)

Yeah but now they have more incentive to target an audience that's stoked about this news. And can leverage the "Tech gold" to boost sales accordingly.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Yeah but now they have more incentive to target an audience that's stoked about this news. And can leverage the "Tech gold" to boost sales accordingly.

I was just pointing out that they don't need to get a license because they have had it for a long time. So have Nike and UA. Adidas might be able to sell some more now based on the buzz, but the reason Adidas, Nike, and UA don't produce more is because Tech fans are pathetic and don't buy enough.(Pathetic when it comes to spending money in support of the program/branding)

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Goods)
01E (Jerseys/Uniforms)
01G (Youth Apparel)
01I (Women's T-shirts)
Apparel)
01T (Women's Outerwear)
Apparel)
06A (Sports Equipment)
07D (Infant Products)
07E (Footwear)
Thank you!

Seems like so many forget that many apparel makers can make Tech merchandise. All they have to do is have a licensing agreement with Georgia Tech.

Stray Dog THA GAWD

Jolly Good Fellow
Team won't get new unis till '18 but......there ain't nothing preventing GT from granting adidas licensing rights to start pumping out "Tech Gold" merchandise to us fans.

If they do I will make adidas very happy and the wife somewhat unhappy as I go gonzo. :cool:

Good call, would LOVE some new gear that's finally the right shade of old gold.