GT should be ranked in the top 25

Deleted member 2897

And another to a soon to be 7-5 G5 team. We’ve beaten no one worth a spit. Win on Saturday and we can be ranked.

We beat two teams who were ranked pretty highly earlier in the year, who aren't ranked anymore, partly because of us. They will probably both still go to bowl games. In fact, 6 of the 7 Coastal Division teams will probably go to a bowl game. I get what you are trying to say, but its a little bit unfair.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
We beat two teams who were ranked pretty highly earlier in the year, who aren't ranked anymore, partly because of us. They will probably both still go to bowl games. In fact, 6 of the 7 Coastal Division teams will probably go to a bowl game. I get what you are trying to say, but its a little bit unfair.
Gotta disagree on this one. VT realistically won't even make a bowl this year and a 6-6 Miami team is nothing to write home about even with their offensive ineptitudes. We'll finish the year with a win over a single team with a winning record. Mississippi state, for everyones reference, will likely finish with 4 wins over teams with winning records.

Deleted member 2897

Gotta disagree on this one. VT realistically won't even make a bowl this year and a 6-6 Miami team is nothing to write home about even with their offensive ineptitudes. We'll finish the year with a win over a single team with a winning record. Mississippi state, for everyones reference, will likely finish with 4 wins over teams with winning records.

Virginia Tech finishes at home against Virginia and Marshall. Miami has already qualified for a bowl and still has a home game left against Pitt. They were both ranked highly earlier in the year. Nothing I said is untrue. I get your point too though, I think you’re just taking the absolute overboard most negative view of things.

Not sure what this has to do with Mississippi State. They will probably finish with 2 wins over winning teams - unranked Auburn and unranked Texas A&M. Unless I am missing something. Not sure how they fit into this.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I think Miami beats Pitt on Saturday and ends the regular season 7-5:cigar:

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
Virginia Tech finishes at home against Virginia and Marshall. Miami has already qualified for a bowl and still has a home game left against Pitt. They were both ranked highly earlier in the year. Nothing I said is untrue. I get your point too though, I think you’re just taking the absolute overboard most negative view of things.

Not sure what this has to do with Mississippi State. They will probably finish with 2 wins over winning teams - unranked Auburn and unranked Texas A&M. Unless I am missing something. Not sure how they fit into this.
Lol my view is what vegas thinks which is the realist view not the negative view. It's only negative because it's not with gold tinted glasses. I only bring up Miss st as everyone complains about them being ranked. I have a hard time believing VT beats UVA. Their marquee win is against a what, 5-7 FSU team? UVA should win. Miami stands a shot as their D is good, but Pitt is on a. Revenge tour

Deleted member 2897

Lol my view is what vegas thinks which is the realist view not the negative view. It's only negative because it's not with gold tinted glasses. I only bring up Miss st as everyone complains about them being ranked. I have a hard time believing VT beats UVA. Their marquee win is against a what, 5-7 FSU team? UVA should win. Miami stands a shot as their D is good, but Pitt is on a. Revenge tour

No I truly do get what you're saying. I'm not trying to take the position that Georgia Tech is some world beater right now or anybody else in the Coastal is. I just don't think its fair to say we've beat nobody. Say what you want about Virginia, but they've only beat Virginia Tech once in the last 15 years, and haven't won in Blacksburg in 20 years. That's all that's keeping the Coastal from having 6 bowl teams. And we finished 2nd, finishing ahead of 5 others.
FEI Rankings:
Duke: 28
Miami: 33
Georgia Tech: 40
Virginia: 44
Pittsburgh: 46
North Carolina: 78
Virginia Tech: 82

I mean this is the thing - we have no great team in the Coastal, but we have a lot of decent teams. That can be said of the ACC at large, outside of Clemson:
Clemson: 3
North Carolina State: 39
Syracuse: 49
Boston College: 55
Florida State: 86

We can finish as high as 3rd place in the ACC, but no worse than 4th in the ACC. When we have 14 teams, two-thirds of whom are decent teams, that's quite an accomplishment. I realize when you said "We’ve beaten no one worth a spit" that we don't need to over-read that off the cuff comment, but you don't finish 3rd or 4th in the ACC without beating quite a few decent teams. I know I'm probably splitting hairs between the definition of what a spit is worth, good, decent, etc., as I have a tendancy to do that. That's a flaw I have! :D

Deleted member 2897

Don't care how many games they win. They are still Duke and we should be beating them like a drum. No excuse.

Said also possibly 9 other teams. :D

What’s weird to me is how we can have the same record over CPJs tenure against Virginia Tech, Florida State, Clemson etc as we do against Virginia, Duke, North Carolina and Pittsburgh. I can’t ever figure that out. I mean Duke is the only team who beat us this year that materially outplayed us but shouldn’t have. It’s like Cutcliffe lives in a room in CPJs Head or something.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck

Weren’t you just arguing the rankings are garbage in another thread? No team we beat is good. One is mediocre (UVA), two are bad (Miami and VT), and the others are godawful (UNC, Louisville, BGSU, Alcott State).

Deleted member 2897

Weren’t you just arguing the rankings are garbage in another thread? No team we beat is good. One is mediocre (UVA), two are bad (Miami and VT), and the others are godawful (UNC, Louisville, BGSU, Alcott State).

I guess that depends on your definition of those words. From my perspective, making a bowl game means you are at least average. But I guess you are welcome to state that any teams outside the top say 30 are just bad period. If that’s the case, then 75% of the teams are bad.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Said also possibly 9 other teams. :D

What’s weird to me is how we can have the same record over CPJs tenure against Virginia Tech, Florida State, Clemson etc as we do against Virginia, Duke, North Carolina and Pittsburgh. I can’t ever figure that out. I mean Duke is the only team who beat us this year that materially outplayed us but shouldn’t have. It’s like Cutcliffe lives in a room in CPJs Head or something.

He is in there all right. Duke is well coached but is the very definition of tobacco road basketball school. Old Wallace Wade is hardly ever more than half full but they continue to be able to come to Georgia and poach pretty good players. Hate them but then if they did not beat us there is always Virginia, Carolina, Miami, Virginia Tech and so forth. Until we can recruit difference makers at wide receiver and A back we are forced to play just about perfect on offense to have a chance. Hard to do that week after week. Virginia, at times, had 8 or even 9 players within 6 or 7 yards of the line of scrimmage. They had no respect for our wide receivers or passing game. Can't say I blame them.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I guess that depends on your definition of those words. From my perspective, making a bowl game means you are at least average. But I guess you are welcome to state that any teams outside the top say 30 are just bad period. If that’s the case, then 75% of the teams are bad.

Teams that lose to Old Dominion are bad.