GT postseason last 25 years

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
I know I can be negative & impulsive with my posts , I’ve probably been a fan of GT longer than most on here & I guess I’ve just been snake bitten so much , it doesn’t end with GT, I’m an ATL fan in general & well that says enough lol. Some of the frustrations I have about the weekend collapse has nothing to do with this particular year but about how we’ve came up short so many many times in last 20 yrs , and usually we’re always hosting & also a very highly ranked team . It’s just uncanny , & it’s tough when it happens over & over & over , but don’t call me fair weather when I’ve cheered for GT when our football team was 1-10, & our b-ball program has been the way it has the past 15 yrs
I meant to say our basketball program has been bad the last 20 yrs not baseball

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
To be fair, it was decided by a coin toss. But WHY was that done? Why wasn't the host school the home team in all games in all regions? The mutts were not the home team at least once in their regional too.

It was done, obviously, because those are the rules of the tourney.

Maybe, I have no freaking idea, the schools said we don't want to be the home team every damn game because we choose to only wear one uni as a home uni and if we have to play 2 in 1 day we can't get them washed in time. Who the f... knows.

Maybe the powers that be think it makes for a more competitive / entertaining tourney.

Maybe it is a way for winners to stand up and be counted.

I am beginning to think it is done so as the NCAA can identify the all tourney whine team.

What is CDH gonna say, "if I could have just coached this team in the bottom of the 9th instead of trying to do better in the top of the 9th things would have been different?"

Jeez cripes, this is starting to take the all time cake of GT excuses.

Just win the ****ing game.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Just win the game!

The hosts have a home team advantage largely since their players are at home and more comfortable, playing on a field that they understand the weather and lighting changes and should have overwhelming fan support.

The only difference is who bats last.

If the host can't win with the advantages, they probably don't deserve to win. Just my opinion.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Just win the game!

The hosts have a home team advantage largely since their players are at home and more comfortable, playing on a field that they understand the weather and lighting changes and should have overwhelming fan support.

The only difference is who bats last.

If the host can't win with the advantages, they probably don't deserve to win. Just my opinion.

I largely agree with this. We didn't lose because we were not the home team. We lost because (among other things) we couldn't build on our lead, we made a couple of mistakes in the 9th, and the Auburn guy made a clutch play. That said, someone posted the steps to determine who was home time. It was a 5 or 6 step decision process with the last step being "coin flip". If you have gone through 5 "competitive" steps in determining it why would you make the 6th step purely chance ..... the last step should be "higher seed". Coin flip is stupid.

As an aside, I didn't see the walkoff when it happened. I was at my son's wedding reception. I finally forced myself to watch it earlier this week. Watching it was devastating mainly in watching CTs reaction and thinking how he must have felt. I hate that is the last pitch he will ever throw as a Jacket and that will be his last memory as a Jacket. There are so many positives that he had and it just was extremely cruel for that to be the last memory. Life can be cruel. Hope he goes onto a great MLB career.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
As an aside, I didn't see the walkoff when it happened. I was at my son's wedding reception. I finally forced myself to watch it earlier this week. Watching it was devastating mainly in watching CTs reaction and thinking how he must have felt. I hate that is the last pitch he will ever throw as a Jacket and that will be his last memory as a Jacket. There are so many positives that he had and it just was extremely cruel for that to be the last memory. Life can be cruel. Hope he goes onto a great MLB career.

I was there, saw it, and still feel exactly that way. I wish I could have given him a hug.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The pitcher was not the issue. The SSvwho bobbled the routine grounder to lead off the inning was the goat. I believe and could be wrong that the winning runs were unearned.