GT Player Deals

alagold

Helluva Engineer
It is so obvious that being "known" as a mutt/Ala,etc player will command so much more NIL $ ( seemingly) than Tech or Ga ST/etc player.This makes recruiting that much harder. The worms are out of the can ,NEVER to be returned there.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
An example of how to lose an NIL deal.

I am just kidding. However, the company GT has been working with to teach student-athletes to market themselves should include thinks like this in their training.
I think he said it was a 1-time thing, not an ongoing deal. He didn't say much about it. Maybe he was used for a photo ad or something. The full interview is in one of the post-practice press videos on Youtube.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I think Jeff Sims will get something comparable or more by the time he’s a Senior. Especially if/when we win and he gets the pre-season accolades. Once he gets those braces off and can put that big grin out there.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I think Jeff Sims will get something comparable or more by the time he’s a Senior. Especially if/when we win and he gets the pre-season accolades. Once he gets those braces off and can put that big grin out there.
Aside from the concerns that people have about boosters simply paying players for recruiting purposes, there are some athletes that are simply entertaining. I think TaQuon Marshall would have done well with NIL. He had an ad-guy kind of quality and expressed a desire to be in broadcasting.

From interviews, my impression of Yates is that he is well spoken and energetic. He seems like the kind of guy who would could go on Instagram, invite people to go to the Braves game on such and such a day, and have a decent number of people respond to that. Yates is getting something out of it. If you look at how the Braves handled it, they are getting far more out of it than they are paying for. They had a contest with over 500 entries, which gained publicity. They paid each of two winners $500, which means the entire contest cost them $1,000. The winners also get freebies at Braves games, which don't cost the Braves anything. They also get affiliate commissions, which the Braves probably already have set up with a lot of websites and such. It appears to be good for both parties. Yates is going to earn money, and I don't see how the Braves are not getting more value out of it than they are paying for it.

From interviews, Sims appears to be a very personable guy, but a little reserved at the moment. I don't think he would need pre-season accolades to be able to get some marketing deals. If he gets more comfortable being in the spotlight and can influence people, he should have plenty of opportunities.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
We have a Rhodesian Ridgeback as our family pet, and found this brand a few years ago that makes performance material polos and quarter zips. They just signed a NIL deal with JT (wish I was still at USC) Daniels. 🤢

Upside is that dude man has a ring compensation situation, missing the only one that matters. A championship ring.. Gold box is my addition.
08CC06D9-B651-4529-9A8F-D99C044802B6.jpeg

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
We have a Rhodesian Ridgeback as our family pet, and found this brand a few years ago that makes performance material polos and quarter zips. They just signed a NIL deal with JT (wish I was still at USC) Daniels. 🤢

Upside is that dude man has a ring compensation situation, missing the only one that matters. A championship ring.. Gold box is my addition.
View attachment 11052
I’m very confused how the breed of your dog led to quarter zips?

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I’m very confused how the breed of your dog led to quarter zips?
I realize now that’s was a confusing logic jump without the context. The brand is “Rhoback” because the dogs have a ridge down their back:
CB6CCCB0-E4A5-48D6-8189-C968810D5107.jpeg

Best dog I’ve ever met. The brand’s logo is an outline of the ridge and a dog head.

I was in too much of a rush to get my punchline about the rings in that I barrier the set up. My bad team. It’s still the off season. I’m a touch rusty.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I realize now that’s was a confusing logic jump without the context. The brand is “Rhoback” because the dogs have a ridge down their back:
View attachment 11054
Best dog I’ve ever met. The brand’s logo is an outline of the ridge and a dog head.

I was in too much of a rush to get my punchline about the rings in that I barrier the set up. My bad team. It’s still the off season. I’m a touch rusty.
It’s game week, better knock that rust off quick!! But yes, very familiar with the breed, some very close family friends had 2 of them when I was younger. Great dogs.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer

View attachment 11052
Dude looks like more of a nerd than anyone on Tech's roster. Pointdexter lookin ***.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
View attachment 11054

Yours dog’s azz appears to be on fire