GT-Pitt Postponed

That post was tongue in cheek, but they DO care more about money than they let on. They are letting this years patrons have access to the shop online to sell their wares, even though those same patrons, like myself, are guaranteed tickets for next year since this year was canceled. They have to pay the bills as well...
Did you buy anything from the patrons' shop? I bought the food package partially to use the pimiento cheese and the egg salad for tailgating. Now I'll be stuffing my gut with all that for the next week. It's a win-win situation for me. LOL

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
The conferences set various benchmarks on minimum numbers at position groups. Over the course of the season with various attrition (injuries, opt-outs, transfer), that changes the numbers. GT DL is a good example. At the beginning of the season, could have lost 3-4 guys to COVID but wouldn't meet minimum numbers now.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Postponement increases our chances of losing. Why? Exams are 12-2 to 12-10. Doesn't bode well for the NC State game either.
I hope Dec 12th is just a place marker for that game. If I am reading their calendar correctly, Pitt has finals Thanksgiving week and will be finished with the Fall semester. I do not see how our guys can concentrate on finals with game week prep. Finals is are bad enough when nothing else is happening.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I hope Dec 12th is just a place marker for that game. If I am reading their calendar correctly, Pitt has finals Thanksgiving week and will be finished with the Fall semester. I do not see how our guys can concentrate on finals with game week prep. Finals is are bad enough when nothing else is happening.
I’d be surprised if they play a game two weeks after finals week. The whole point of schools truncating their schedules was to avoid spreading Covid. Having their teams stay together for two weeks would be difficult plus if kids all go home for thanksgiving there is no reasonable way to bring them back together without 1,000,000 times more risk of someone having caught something that then runs through the team.

Deleted member 2897

I’d be surprised if they play a game two weeks after finals week. The whole point of schools truncating their schedules was to avoid spreading Covid. Having their teams stay together for two weeks would be difficult plus if kids all go home for thanksgiving there is no reasonable way to bring them back together without 1,000,000 times more risk of someone having caught something that then runs through the team.

Yep, the reality is our season may be done. We're supposed to travel to Miami in a couple weeks, which has traditionally been a covid hot spot. Then Duke is supposed to come here after that and over Thanksgiving, and North Carolina has been a super locked down state where they can't even have fans at their games. We just had over 150,000 new cases yesterday nationally. I'm so happy we were able to get as many games in as we got, but we may well be done. We will see.

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Yep, the reality is our season may be done. We're supposed to travel to Miami in a couple weeks, which has traditionally been a covid hot spot. Then Duke is supposed to come here after that and over Thanksgiving, and North Carolina has been a super locked down state where they can't even have fans at their games. We just had over 150,000 new cases yesterday nationally. I'm so happy we were able to get as many games in as we got, but we may well be done. We will see.
I'm just hoping that our practice schedule doesn't remain too affected. Even if we can't play any games, there's no reason why we shouldn't still be able to get better in this time.

Deleted member 2897

I got the impression from the announcement that we shut down practices as well. For how long is a guess right now.

I thought I read we paused practice until this weekend, but since its after 9am I could just be drunk.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Not shocked. Halloween weekend and kids going to parties....they pay the price. COVID numbers are way up at all colleges due to it.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Game gets postponed 2 days prior to kickoff and the *Georgia Tech* hotel holds firm on their 14 day prior notice for cancellations...

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I thought I read we paused practice until this weekend, but since its after 9am I could just be drunk.
" I look forward to our team being able to return to the field as soon as it is safe and appropriate to do so."

The Miami game is still on the schedule, so you could safely assume the weekend, but I am not so certain.