GT-Pitt Postponed

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
being tomorrow is Friday and I start drinking ( when my wife wakes up , it helps ) I'll do it now

to celebrate our 1917 team. CGC will look good in that hat and bow tie

View attachment 9440
Gonna be weird to see that hat with 404 stitched into it. Also, god bless the tailor who fits it. He may quit after fitting a suit, only to have it requested to be two sizes too small, and cut into a vest.

Deleted member 2897

What kind of mush mouth nonsense is this? Too many injuries and not enough test capacity so we need to cancel too? HUH? This reminds me of when UCF canceled we gave them a very generous statement of “we don’t blame you” which was complete bull****.

Sorry misread his statement. It’s still idiotic as he says we need to cancel due to a relatively low number of positive cases. That makes no sense. Basically, he’s saying we have a couple positives, a bunch of injuries, and that in combination with contact tracing leaves us too thin. SO WHAT. I guess we should have canceled 2015 when we were down our top 5 running backs. Cal canceled their game due to 1 positive case. Missou canceled because they didn’t have enough DL players. SO WHAT. It’s a free season. Why not just do the best you can.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Sorry misread his statement. It’s still idiotic as he says we need to cancel due to a relatively low number of positive cases. That makes no sense. Basically, he’s saying we have a couple positives, a bunch of injuries, and that in combination with contact tracing leaves us too thin. SO WHAT. I guess we should have canceled 2015 when we were down our top 5 running backs. Cal canceled their game due to 1 positive case. Missou canceled because they didn’t have enough DL players. SO WHAT. It’s a free season. Why not just do the best you can.

It’s ridiculous.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

We will be lucky to get another game or 2, IMO. Many cities and states will be locking down soon, most likely. Hopefully, the experience has been valuable for our guys

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
From Stansbury’s statement, I get the idea he was trying to say “between positive tests and injuries, we did not have enough players in some position groups to field a full team”, but the message got garbled
Plus players who are not available due to contact tracing.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
For anyone who lives in Augusta, the timing of all these last minute football cancellations will seem mighty suspicious. I wonder how much the Augusta National shelled out to be the only sport on the television this weekend.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I don't think they even care about ratings. At least in the past, Augusta National limits the number of commercials and prohibits local commercials. In 2003, they even paid for the entire broadcast themselves with zero commercials. Maybe the billionaires are narcissistic and want everyone watching their club, but there isn't any money involved in people watching or not.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I said at the beginning of the season if we can just get 8 games in i'll be happy. Just need 1 more to get there.

Wasn't going to be able to watch this one anyways since Fox Sports is no longer on YouTube or Hulu. If they actually do play it on Dec 12th maybe it will be on something i can watch.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I don't think they even care about ratings. At least in the past, Augusta National limits the number of commercials and prohibits local commercials. In 2003, they even paid for the entire broadcast themselves with zero commercials. Maybe the billionaires are narcissistic and want everyone watching their club, but there isn't any money involved in people watching or not.

That post was tongue in cheek, but they DO care more about money than they let on. They are letting this years patrons have access to the shop online to sell their wares, even though those same patrons, like myself, are guaranteed tickets for next year since this year was canceled. They have to pay the bills as well...

ChicagobasedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
It’s all about liability and trying to avoid the implication that the players are employees.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
We will be lucky to get another game or 2, IMO. Many cities and states will be locking down soon, most likely. Hopefully, the experience has been valuable for our guys
My thinking too. My wife is a nurse and her hospital is about to set up an overflow site for positive cases. Michigan is about to go into lockdown soon.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I don't know how Covid is going in any of your counties, but here in N. AL, Morgan County, it is BLOWING UP. We are only a county of about 110,000 people, and right now, we are averaging 60 positive cases per day with a 29% positivity rate. The county right below us, Cullman, is even worse. Hospitals are starting to fill up with patients. Not sure how sustainable this is going to be, especially since we haven't even made it to T-giving yet.