GT Picks Up Football Assistant AD

Techster

Helluva Engineer
President leaves and we spend money on football. :)

AJC article about Peterson leaving was interesting. The part that was interesting: Noted that GT had big changes coming with CPJ leaving and CGC coming in was part of the big changes along with Peterson leaving.

When a university president leaves, they usually talk about academics, schools improvement/declines, expansion, etc. Rarely do they touch on sports programs, even more rare is when they talk about sports personnel.

Wonder if there's an overall change in perspective of GT's potential that's underway.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

High praise! I’m pumped!

Someone higher up at GT is starting to realize that the football program, specifically having a successful football program, can be a LARGE asset to the overall mission of the school.

I have a STRONG feeling that the way some have thought GT's recruiting was too constrained by certain factors is about to be seriously challenged.

CrackerJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Wondering if Suddes new job would preclude an Assistant HC position or the like for Brent Key. Could this mean the Key hire isn't happening?

Even so, Suddes appears to be another building block in a recruiting-oriented staff.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Its part external fund support and part old coaches salaries leaving our budget. We have more operating money than we have ever had. Then accn coming in too and i am not even considering that.

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
Wondering if Suddes new job would preclude an Assistant HC position or the like for Brent Key. Could this mean the Key hire isn't happening?

Even so, Suddes appears to be another building block in a recruiting-oriented staff.
Shouldn't be. He would be support staff not on-the-field or coaching staff.

Formerly, elsewhere "GTjay"