GT picked last in Coastal

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
When did buying season tickets become the minimum requirement for being a "true" GT supporter? There are a lot of reasons people don't buy season tickets, and frankly, none of them are my business. Now, if you make the argument that people who do not give financially shouldn't gripe about how the $ is spent, then that's another issue. I buy season tickets and give to the A-T fund separately. (My seats don't require a donation) I do this as a sidewalk fan because I love GT and everything it stands for. But that doesn't make me more of a fan than someone who doesn't give or attend games.
When did buying season tickets become the minimum requirement for being a "true" GT supporter? There are a lot of reasons people don't buy season tickets, and frankly, none of them are my business. Now, if you make the argument that people who do not give financially shouldn't gripe about how the $ is spent, then that's another issue. I buy season tickets and give to the A-T fund separately. (My seats don't require a donation) I do this as a sidewalk fan because I love GT and everything it stands for. But that doesn't make me more of a fan than someone who doesn't give or attend games.
The Lord loves a cheerful giver.

Are you really a fan if have plenty of $ and you don't give? This thread is about Gt picked to be last in Coastal - football w l but in actual $ giving we are last every year!
We aren't average- we are last.

The product on the field is a direct result of giving - because as you see on the knight commission we are lagging in spending. Its not so much how we are spending its we aren't spending.

Now of course how much is given is between each person and his own situation.

Ae knows all about the reasons for church giving. Its very true that each of us should give only what we can give cheerfully.

Gt needs any kind of fan but whats really missing is the loyal alumni fans that are committed - willing to invest. The chicken gives eggs for breakfast and the pig gives bacon. Whose just an involved "fan" and who is a "committed fan"?

New leaf!!!
I am now going to start assuming that the guys w beach homes, successful writing careers, month long international vacations are cheerfully giving what they think is proper. Hell, one day they could be sitting next to me at the donor
meeting or at the players walk up.

Some day we will not be last in coastal in giving !!

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
The Lord loves a cheerful giver.

Are you really a fan if have plenty of $ and you don't give? This thread is about Gt picked to be last in Coastal - football w l but in actual $ giving we are last every year!
We aren't average- we are last.

The product on the field is a direct result of giving - because as you see on the knight commission we are lagging in spending. Its not so much how we are spending its we aren't spending.

Now of course how much is given is between each person and his own situation.

Ae knows all about the reasons for church giving. Its very true that each of us should give only what we can give cheerfully.

Gt needs any kind of fan but whats really missing is the loyal alumni fans that are committed - willing to invest. The chicken gives eggs for breakfast and the pig gives bacon. Whose just an involved "fan" and who is a "committed fan"?

New leaf!!!
I am now going to start assuming that the guys w beach homes, successful writing careers, month long international vacations are cheerfully giving what they think is proper. Hell, one day they could be sitting next to me at the donor
meeting or at the players walk up.

Some day we will not be last in coastal in giving !!
You’re acting like a pretty big weirdo my guy. Would it be nice to have some people who are able to donate to the GTAA step up and do so? Yes. Is that an excuse to question somebody’s fandom if they don’t? No. Some people have priorities with their money that don’t involve the monstrosity that is modern day college athletics. I’d be willing to bet the NCAA will be unrecognizable to the organization it currently is in 15-20 years. Maybe even shorter than that.

If you want to complain about donations, you have to be logical about it. Tech probably has one of the smallest local alumni bases in Power 5 football, and probably one of the smallest in state student populations as well. Tech excels in academics because it doesn’t pander to the AA, which a lot of people wish they would. Tech has more international and out of state students in its incoming class than UGA does, with about half as many students. There’s really no reason to have any expectations that the GTAA should be receiving money at a bigger clip than what it already does.

GT_EE78

Banned
CBS rankings sound a bit more realistic
7/25 update for all 129 teams
Duke/Pitt/UVA are tops in coastal at 41/42/46
GT is 4th at 50
Miami/VT/NC are the laggards at 54/72/106
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/rankings/cbs-sports-ranking/
7/24 betting odds (bovada) to win acc championship
We're still 4th in coastal
Clemson Tigers -375
Miami Hurricanes +750
Florida State Seminoles +2200
Syracuse Orange +2200
Virginia Tech Hokies +2200
Virginia Cavaliers +2500
NC State Wolfpack +2800
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets +5000
Boston College Eagles +6000
Pitt Panthers +6500
North Carolina Tar Heels +7500
Duke Blue Devils +8500
Wake Forest Demon Deacons +9000
Louisville Cardinals +15000

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
You’re acting like a pretty big weirdo my guy. Would it be nice to have some people who are able to donate to the GTAA step up and do so? Yes. Is that an excuse to question somebody’s fandom if they don’t? No. Some people have priorities with their money that don’t involve the monstrosity that is modern day college athletics. I’d be willing to bet the NCAA will be unrecognizable to the organization it currently is in 15-20 years. Maybe even shorter than that.

If you want to complain about donations, you have to be logical about it. Tech probably has one of the smallest local alumni bases in Power 5 football, and probably one of the smallest in state student populations as well. Tech excels in academics because it doesn’t pander to the AA, which a lot of people wish they would. Tech has more international and out of state students in its incoming class than UGA does, with about half as many students. There’s really no reason to have any expectations that the GTAA should be receiving money at a bigger clip than what it already does.
If you are correct about what we should expect in donations we should just give up now. TStan’s primary job imo is finding more money from wherever he can.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

Good deal.
You believe it is what it is.
It is what it is

Why should we expect a competitive team if we are below competitive in resources?

When cpj said "it is what it is", i think he was talking about resources.

Tstan and cgc are fighting the good fight.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
If it helps measure their performance, and how they can improve longterm, I’m all for the sports bra
I think those are GPS/heart rate monitors. Everyone’s wearing them now. I went to Charlotte last weekend for an Arsenal soccer game and they were all wearing them, too.

7/24 betting odds (bovada) to win acc championship
We're still 4th in coastal
Clemson Tigers -375
Miami Hurricanes +750
Florida State Seminoles +2200
Syracuse Orange +2200
Virginia Tech Hokies +2200
Virginia Cavaliers +2500
NC State Wolfpack +2800
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets +5000
Boston College Eagles +6000
Pitt Panthers +6500
North Carolina Tar Heels +7500
Duke Blue Devils +8500
Wake Forest Demon Deacons +9000
Louisville Cardinals +15000

I'd put $1k on those odds.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Good deal.
You believe it is what it is.
It is what it is

Why should we expect a competitive team if we are below competitive in resources?

When cpj said "it is what it is", i think he was talking about resources.

Tstan and cgc are fighting the good fight.
@iceeater1969 , I understand how resources tie to our ability to field good teams and thus preseason predictions as this thread was started.

Respectfully though, I don't understand your angle in this thread and why you keep pushing. There are a number of posters who can't make games for whatever reason. Whether they donate or not, I'm not sure if you or anyone here has a clue, thus it's a baseless/borderline baiting argument.

I'd conservatively say that the posters you cited are in the top 1% of GT fans. That's probably the case for most who post here. I also think their positions are often mischaracterized by you and others (same could be said the other direction, imo). I'm not sure what outcome you desire, but it feels like you're being petty here which is out of character. Just my 2 cents.

Kennethshannon20

Jolly Good Fellow
Like every other OC in the country he’s going to run the tempo his HC wants.
I think the up tempo offense will be fine. We have linemen, not much experience maybe but we have people. Experience doesn't mean everything. Think about Clemson's qb winning as a freshman and Alabama with Tua.. sometimes you need the young guys to come in and make a difference

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

Players are definitely aware.

I am not a believer in all that bulletin board stuff. Once the game starts and you have been knocked sideways once who can remember? But I don't believe, whatever my reservations, that we will finish last. I still think six wins is a realistic goal. All that prediction stuff is evergreen material, filling space until they tee it up.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I am not a believer in all that bulletin board stuff. Once the game starts and you have been knocked sideways once who can remember? But I don't believe, whatever my reservations, that we will finish last. I still think six wins is a realistic goal. All that prediction stuff is evergreen material, filling space until they tee it up.
Bulletin board fodder has no effect on game day other than the increased motivation and drive while training during the several weeks leading up to it. Think Rocky Balboa hanging the picture of the Russian boxer on his mirror so it was his face he saw each and every morning on his way to train in the Siberian wilderness.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Bulletin board fodder has no effect on game day other than the increased motivation and drive while training during the several weeks leading up to it. Think Rocky Balboa hanging the picture of the Russian boxer on his mirror so it was his face he saw each and every morning on his way to train in the Siberian wilderness.
You do know Rocky Balboa was fiction, right?

Animal02

Banned
Game day motivation can be a big factor if teams are in the same ballpark talent wise.