GT opens - 5.5 versus USF

Deleted member 2897

I think we win with the home field advantage but I wouldn't bet this in a million years. Our offense is a huge question mark and nothing from Week 1 tells me how good or how bad it is.

I'd be surprised if USF isn't pissed off and focused after how their week 1 match went.

We had 300 yards against Clemson when our previous high in several years had been 230. I would be shocked if USF’s defense can play us like Clemson’s.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Lol i thought the Clemson script was switched for this week. If it works I’m for it . I do want to see our WRs and playmakers involved this week tho

Yea. All the talk about WRs and a solid TE and we didn’t nothing to get the man involved. I get that our QB can’t throw, but quick screens should be completed and some jet sweeps to attack the edge and keep the defense on their toes. Last weeks offense was strange, total lack of creativity

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
-5.5 at home against a team that was just shut out at home and only crossed mid field once during mop up duty? I think we win and cover.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
We were probably favored last year. Hopefully we won’t have a repeat of allowing two kickoffs returned for TDs or those awful referees from our last meeting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's funny. I was watching the ECU @ NC State game and wondering if they were the same crew from last year's USF game!

Deleted member 2897

-5.5 at home against a team that was just shut out at home and only crossed mid field once during mop up duty? I think we win and cover.

Exactly, the incessant disrespect is real. We need to blow this team out.

slugboy

Staff member
You think USF can shut down Tobias when they couldn’t stop literally anything we did last year?

From last year’s game, I’m not sure how much to tip my hat to them for the fumbles and the interceptions, or how much to put on us. If we maintain control of the ball, I like us in this year’s game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
From last year’s game, I’m not sure how much to tip my hat to them for the fumbles and the interceptions, or how much to put on us. If we maintain control of the ball, I like us in this year’s game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What does LAST YEAR have to do with anything ? Both teams have different coaches, staffs , etc. Seniors have left, new players have joined, etc.
LAST WEEK is relevant. We played relatively much better than USF played. We both lost. IMO, our team has a long way to go before we can feel confident about covering any spread. I remember many games where we had to scramble against opponents that we assumed were dead in the water coming in. I still think it will be an ugly win, not very satisfying, but better than losing. You know Strong is giving them an earful this week....we better not overlook this team and it's senior QB.

Animal02

Banned
What does LAST YEAR have to do with anything ? Both teams have different coaches, staffs , etc. Seniors have left, new players have joined, etc.
LAST WEEK is relevant. We played relatively much better than USF played. We both lost. IMO, our team has a long way to go before we can feel confident about covering any spread. I remember many games where we had to scramble against opponents that we assumed were dead in the water coming in. I still think it will be an ugly win, not very satisfying, but better than losing. You know Strong is giving them an earful this week....we better not overlook this team and it's senior QB.
Last year matter some....but obviously not all as you pointed out. A good portion of both teams from last year will be on the field. So there is some comparison wrt to athletic ability.....which last year was close.
I think the odds are about right, we win a game that is closer than it should be.....but a win is a win

slugboy

Staff member

Last year’s game was part of the post I was responding to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT_EE78

Banned
altho power ratings can be way off this early, it's still interesting that Sagarin's has us to win by 8 (I added 3 for HFA).
I'm thinking 8 is a mid-point.
double digit win if Graham + Johnson pass for 150yds+
tight game if Oliver hasn't yet been moved to HB/slot.

Old School

Jolly Good Fellow
Collins keeps preaching he’s going to run a pro style offense to prepare our kids for the NFL. We didn’t do that last week. Don’t see too many NFL quarterbacks running that much. At some point what you’re selling to recruits has to be true. Kids aren’t stupid. I want to win. Period. Don’t care what offense we run. But we’re gonna have to be effective throwing the ball. Otherwise we were running a double option, which will result in 8 or 9 in the box. Tough to overcome.

Deleted member 2897

Collins keeps preaching he’s going to run a pro style offense to prepare our kids for the NFL. We didn’t do that last week. Don’t see too many NFL quarterbacks running that much. At some point what you’re selling to recruits has to be true. Kids aren’t stupid. I want to win. Period. Don’t care what offense we run. But we’re gonna have to be effective throwing the ball. Otherwise we were running a double option, which will result in 8 or 9 in the box. Tough to overcome.

Did you see TO throw? Did you see LI throw? Graham looked like the only comfortable one.l throwing.