GT opens - 5.5 versus USF

alagold

Helluva Engineer
We may be favored but the ONLY reason I would bet this game is homefield.Our young guys will relish that.
A team that got almost NO yds on ground vs a team that gave up 400+.Pick your poison.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Collins keeps preaching he’s going to run a pro style offense to prepare our kids for the NFL. We didn’t do that last week. Don’t see too many NFL quarterbacks running that much. At some point what you’re selling to recruits has to be true. Kids aren’t stupid. I want to win. Period. Don’t care what offense we run. But we’re gonna have to be effective throwing the ball. Otherwise we were running a double option, which will result in 8 or 9 in the box. Tough to overcome.

I'm gonna have a kid with my wife. But, I dont have a wife, so i cant have a kid with her now. But, I am recruiting one.

This is the same arguement that CGC is saying. I want to run a pro style and I need you here to do that.

Grow up man.

Beerbrewingjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Not sure about y’all but I’m excited to see the defense. I really thought the defense had some big moments vs. Clemson. They did some things. It was really really refreshing to see press man. We were all over slants. Saw contact within 5 yards trying to disrupt routes. Much better. Hoping for a dominant day for the D.

GT_EE78

Banned
Not sure about y’all but I’m excited to see the defense. I really thought the defense had some big moments vs. Clemson. They did some things. It was really really refreshing to see press man. We were all over slants. Saw contact within 5 yards trying to disrupt routes. Much better. Hoping for a dominant day for the D.
Yessirree , the coverage wasn't bad at all, and that was without any pass rush, thanks to the many 300lb+ future NFL'ers on the tiger line.
I'm still concerned about the DL but it's gonna look a lot better this week.

Deleted member 2897

Yessirree , the coverage wasn't bad at all, and that was without any pass rush, thanks to the many 300lb+ future NFL'ers on the tiger line.
I'm still concerned about the DL but it's gonna look a lot better this week.

We turned the ball over 3x in our own red zone, so the defense was only responsible for about 30 points. Furthermore, they had like 3 plays that were 60+ yard TDs that few non-Clemson teams would have pulled off. Like the bomb to Higgins where Walton was on top of him. And Etienne is a 4.40 guy. Not many of those around.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Collins keeps preaching he’s going to run a pro style offense to prepare our kids for the NFL. We didn’t do that last week. Don’t see too many NFL quarterbacks running that much. At some point what you’re selling to recruits has to be true. Kids aren’t stupid. I want to win. Period. Don’t care what offense we run. But we’re gonna have to be effective throwing the ball. Otherwise we were running a double option, which will result in 8 or 9 in the box. Tough to overcome.
You do what you have to do to win the game first. Style points for recruiting is down the list of importance.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
USF is no Clemson. A team that has lost 7 in a row versus a team that has won 16 in a row.
Wow, usf is no clemson. No s---, Sherlock. Where did I say that it was? I'm just saying this game is up "in the air. " btw-did you say that we would beat the line vs clem?

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
I think our QB situation is going to be very interesting to watch. 3 that can play and one getting time in to be ready at some point, each has a very different set to bring to the table, glad I'm not SFL trying to get ready for us. What do we have to lose using that, may work and may not, but we have no choice IMO. Would love to be fly on the wall when our discussions are going on as to what we will do. Lots of factors in play for the decisions, and maybe somewhat at other positions.

Deleted member 2897

Wow, usf is no clemson. No s---, Sherlock. Where did I say that it was? I'm just saying this game is up "in the air. " btw-did you say that we would beat the line vs clem?

I didn’t say you did. Looks like you’re extra sensitive for some reason.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
If we see to left and to right this game then i am going to question wtf we are doing on O.

But then you will have to castigate yourself for not being on board the CGC hype train and saying things to hurt our recruiting efforts.

We win by two TDs Saturday and it won’t feel that close.