GT-Notre Dame transportation

gtjackets930

Jolly Good Fellow
According to my buddy who lives up in Chicago, there's a $15 train that will take you from Chicago to South Bend. Schedule he sent out is below:
  • Take a train from Chicago to South Bend on Saturday morning (train departs from Chicago at 8:40CT and and arrives in South bend at 12:10ET
  • GT v ND at 3:30ET
  • Take a train from South Bend to Chicago Saturday night (departs South Bend at 10:16ET and arrives in Chicago at 11:43CT)
Website is here.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
According to my buddy who lives up in Chicago, there's a $15 train that will take you from Chicago to South Bend. Schedule he sent out is below:
  • Take a train from Chicago to South Bend on Saturday morning (train departs from Chicago at 8:40CT and and arrives in South bend at 12:10ET
  • Take a train from South Bend to Chicago Saturday night (departs South Bend at 10:16ET and arrives in Chicago at 11:43CT)
Website is here.

Thanks for the information.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
I went to the last game we played there - when Dwyer was a freshman. We won 33-3 or some outrageous margin like that.

But I can tell you with certainty - that is the best away game experience I ever had. I'm no fan of the Domers but their fans are the class of college football (at least the ones I encountered on game day) and the campus is stunning.

Animal02

Banned
I went to the last game we played there - when Dwyer was a freshman. We won 33-3 or some outrageous margin like that.

But I can tell you with certainty - that is the best away game experience I ever had. I'm no fan of the Domers but their fans are the class of college football (at least the ones I encountered on game day) and the campus is stunning.
I agree..,..was at both the '97 and '07 games.....it is a great campus and atmosphere.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Hey guys, looking for any info on train/bus transportion from Chicgo to South Bend on game day. There were a couple of charter busses available from a bar in Chicago, but was already sold out. Already have my tickets and will be in Chicago but currently no firm way to get to South Bend. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Enuratique

Jolly Good Fellow
Website is here.
Only problem with that is if you miss that train, you're boned since the next one that goes all the way out to South Bend gets in after kickoff. Also you have to stick around to 10:16 for the last train out. If it's oversold or you miss it somehow, you're also boned.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
I was hoping that there was a better plan (mostly train) than the drive we'll take from Chicago on that morning/back up that evening. But, that is starting to sound a bit better.

Does anyone have good info on decent stadium parking that we can pre-pay online?

Enuratique

Jolly Good Fellow
I'll be driving from Chicago to the game. It might be good to arrange a carpool to help defray costs and make logistics easier for multiple parties.

GoodBuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Hey guys, looking for any info on train/bus transportion from Chicgo to South Bend on game day. There were a couple of charter busses available from a bar in Chicago, but was already sold out. Already have my tickets and will be in Chicago but currently no firm way to get to South Bend. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The bus2notredame is sold out, but there is another one that I have jumped on which is actually a little cheaper ($125 per person). I know of at least 18-20 Tech fans already signed up (per a thread on TOS). Would love to have some more Tech fans on it.

Link: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/notre-d...p-tailgate-tickets-15758344633?aff=erellivorg

Details from site:
Coach Bus (with bathroom) departs at 8:30 am Central time from Racine Plumbing Bar & Grill located at 2642 N. Lincoln, Chicago IL 60614.

Bar will open at 7:30 am.
Bagels, Coffee, Mimosas, Beers & Bloodys before departure.

Beer available on the bus.

Tailgate in the Inovation Park lot (Between the new Hockey Stadium & Parisi's).

Includes:
Beer, Water, Soda
Burgers, Brats, Hotdogs...

Music & Bags

Bus leaves 1 hour after final whistle

GB

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Thanks for the link! went to it immediately,signed up and got confirmation. Now, about those airline tickets and a hotel .....

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
They have activity for this years games. Had putzed around and finally looked deeper into it today and made a reservation. First time try for me... figured it was legit based off of some reviews regarding the parking at the Boy Scout location. If I get burned... after being PO'd I'll find a spot some where and grumble, then file claim with the credit card folks. :)

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
They had 112 reviews and 151 likes... figured they were good liars or legit ;)

upload_2015-8-2_18-38-33.png