GT-Notre Dame transportation

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone has heard of gameday bus packages from Chicago for the Notre Dame game. I've found ND buses (I think $135 per person and includes drinks and tailgating...not a bad deal, but I'm not sure I want to ride with a bunch of dirty Irishmen) and a GT Alumni train package (>$250 per person...not exactly worth it), but nothing else. Has anyone heard or any other options, or know of any Tech fans trying to set up a charter bus? I'm trying to figure out our best options here...parking passes are pretty expensive too.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
The GT train sounds great until you see what you get for the price. We are probably going to rent a van to drive to the game and do some light tailgating.

GoodBuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
I found the same things. It looked to me like the bus2notredame option would really be a mix of fans (they have testimonials from other fan bases). I also got the impression that they had multiple buses. I wonder if they would separate them by team.

Animal02

Banned
I found the same things. It looked to me like the bus2notredame option would really be a mix of fans (they have testimonials from other fan bases). I also got the impression that they had multiple buses. I wonder if they would separate them by team.

For what it is worth.....the ND fans typically are very gracious. Even on the bus from the tailgating lot to the stadium.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I was going to sign up for the GT train but it lacked so many specifics I've held off until more info was available.

Maybe somebody from the Alumni Association that gives a crap will read this board and do something although I'll be completely amazed if that happens.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
We are staying in Chicago and were reading the transportation/hospitality package options Ga Tech is offering. But, like you all the prices sounded steep for what you get. We have rented a car and will make a day of it in South Bend. In the end, this just seemed like the way to go.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
From what I've heard from ND alums up here, the bus rides back are a hugh party, win or lose. The Domers definitely take a different approach to the games and hosting opposing teams than most schools. They're really pretty gracious.

I think if an opposing fan were to be really obnoxious, someone would settle him down, but the average Domer is a little more refined than most SEC "fans".

GT Chillin' It

Jolly Good Fellow
We are staying in Chicago and were reading the transportation/hospitality package options Ga Tech is offering. But, like you all the prices sounded steep for what you get. We have rented a car and will make a day of it in South Bend. In the end, this just seemed like the way to go.
This!! The train and bus options are just too much. $28 car rental is what we are doing.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
This!! The train and bus options are just too much. $28 car rental is what we are doing.
Any idea how much it costs to park anywhere close to campus? I've seen parking passes selling for $200+. And besides, part of the value of the bus ride is that you get to drink with no DUI risk.

GT Chillin' It

Jolly Good Fellow
Not real sure. We drove up the last time tech played at South Bend and we parked on the North side of campus for $20-$30 if my memory serves me right. I really dont mind walking around and seeing everything so "close" is a relative term I guess.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
If you guys go all the way up to South Bend and spend all your time in the tailgate lot, you might as well not go. The campus is beautiful, stroll the quads and the lake, see the church, do the bookstore, etc...

Each of the dorms sell food before the game to raise money. They each specialize in a different thing and cook it right their in the quads. Just bring booze and you're set.

Animal02

Banned
If you guys go all the way up to South Bend and spend all your time in the tailgate lot, you might as well not go. The campus is beautiful, stroll the quads and the lake, see the church, do the bookstore, etc...

Each of the dorms sell food before the game to raise money. They each specialize in a different thing and cook it right their in the quads. Just bring booze and you're set.
I agree....first timers should definitely do that. It is one of the nicest campuses I have seen.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer

This is the experience we are planning. We want to do the whole deal. Looking forward to it.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Really trying to make going to this game a reality for my wife and I. But, with that said, I sure would love to be able to purchase 2 tics from a GT fan/alum if possible. So, I am just putting this out there, in case anyone has 2 extra they are interested in selling to someone who will be wearing gold and white. If I cannot locate 2 we can afford, I will probably take my chances on campus game day. Thanks!!