GT Nightmares

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
So you're saying you have a shy bladder?
Probably.

In the dream though it’s never clear if I’m using the correct facility since men and women are passing by and it’s not even clear if this is an actual bathroom or not. No one else is using a restroom but I sense they know the rules I don’t know. Same feeling as wondering where my locker is or what room my class is in.

WraleighWreck

Georgia Tech Fan
I used to have the same nightmare for several years after I graduated about going to the student center(circa 1992) but not being able to find my mailbox. Pretty sure it had to do with the fact that I don’t remember getting anything from my mailbox for at least the last 2 years at Tech. Not sure how I got by without ever getting my mail - which used to be important.

I also had a “real” nightmare where I found out I had an overdue book fine from the library keeping me from being able to register. I didn’t recall even checking a book out that quarter. Went to library to find out it was a book I had never heard of. As I was racking my brain to figure out what the hell happened, out of the blue, an older fraternity brother shows up in my room with the missing book. Dude had graduated and I had not seen him in a good while. He reminded me that I let him borrow my student ID to check the book out and he neglected to return it(nice guy!). Took the book up the library and told the clerk that I found it on the shelves and they must have screwed up checking back in. All fines dropped(like $70 worth - a good chunk of change for a poor student then). I was definitely holding my mouth right that day.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Wait a minute, I’m not a high achiever and I have that dream too. One variation I have is getting to the end of a school term, preparing for finals, and discovering there’s another class on my schedule that I neglected to ever attend because I didn’t know about it.
I have dreams like that too. Normally it's that I haven't prepared for a class I didn't know I had to teach.

Oth, I actually lived that one. I'm in grad school and I get an opportunity to teach a year at a small college. But I have to get ready in a week. And one of the classes is Political Geography. A subject that I never knew existed. I've got 4 days to get the quarter together. I did it. Too bad for the students, of course.

Last edited: