GT Nightmares

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
If I could have gotten into a grad school somewhere else with the GPA GT provided me, I might have. The fact that GT allowed me into grad school with my undergraduate GPA speaks volumes. There's something to be said about a glutton for punishment. I'm not sure I'm not still suffering from PTSD. I am truly scarred from my undergraduate education. 30 years later I still wake up with sweats from nightmares about exams.

For me, Tech was a truly traumatic experience.
I know this may deserve its own thread but while we're here...I still have dreams/nightmares, seems at least once a year for the past 40 years, of sitting in my last final exam knowing I'm not prepared and sweating it out thinking I won't be able to graduate. Sounds like your dream too, eh? Seriously. almost every year.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I know this may deserve its own thread but while we're here...I still have dreams/nightmares, seems at least once a year for the past 40 years, of sitting in my last final exam knowing I'm not prepared and sweating it out thinking I won't be able to graduate. Sounds like your dream too, eh? Seriously. almost every year.
I think we all have that dream - it is common of high achievers.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer

Wait a minute, I’m not a high achiever and I have that dream too. One variation I have is getting to the end of a school term, preparing for finals, and discovering there’s another class on my schedule that I neglected to ever attend because I didn’t know about it.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
Mine is I reach the end of the semester, then discover I’ve unknowingly been enrolled in some course.

Another common one I have is it’s the night before some huge project is due and I forgot about it.

Those are the main two. There are more. I get em all the time. I got out a decade ago.

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Mine is I reach the end of the semester, then discover I’ve unknowingly been enrolled in some course.

Another common one I have is it’s the night before some huge project is due and I forgot about it.

Those are the main two. There are more. I get em all the time. I got out a decade ago.

Don't worry after about 5 decades they go away. I just remember the good things, if anything.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Me too. You may not be one but you apparently think like one.
Kyle Broflovski Whatever GIF by South Park

slugboy

Staff member

For me it’s “you have an overdue book from decades ago, and the school is rescinding your degree”.

Anyway, there are players in the transfer portal. We’re probably too late for late registration, so I’m looking at the post-Spring transfers

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck

I’ve had the end of semester extra class dream too.

Fortunately I’ve never had the group project dream. Probably because I lived something similar: near the end of my last semester at Tech, I found out that one of my project group members hadn’t done his part at all, and I found this out the night before the project was due. I started getting a “pins and needles” sensation in my hands and nearly passed out on the spot. Luckily, my professor could see that everyone else had done the work and didn’t feel like punishing us.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

I have a few:

Nightmares about desperately needing something from my locker, but not remembering the locker combination.

Knowing that I have a class, but can't remember which room/building it's in so I end up going to different classrooms.

I think everyone has nightmares about showing up to class and not knowing that you have a big exam that day. (This actually happened to me due to confusing one exam date for another class's exam date. Luckily I knew the material inside and out even before that exam.)

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer

Mine is that Ma Tech made a mistake in the number of credit hours I had, took back my diploma, which caused my law school admission to be rescinded, my graduation and bar admission erased and revoked, and so on. I have been having that same dream for almost half a century now…

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
On the other hand, it’s been decades since I’ve dreamed I could fly. My favorite dream as a child. My guess is that when your young flying dreams are a metaphor for unlimited possibilities. The cold hard facts of older adulthood keep me grounded now.

We should make predictions now on how many players we will pick up in the portal. Especially on defense.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer

I thought I was the only one to have both of those.

ChristoGT

Jolly Good Fellow
I lived my dreams twice.
First was ACTUALLY being late to an exam. I had crammed all night and apparently slept through the alarm clock. Sun came out from around the Bell (ahem ATT&T ahem whatever it is now) Building and shined right in my Towers dorm eyes. Ran across campus showing up 45 minutes into the test. First person was finishing as I walked in. Prof said if he had walked out I wouldn't have gotten to take the exam.
Second was not knowing how to answer ONE QUESTION on an exam. I had just taken a full 3-hr exam 30 minutes prior. Grabbed lunch on the go and ran to next exam. Went into the next exam with my brain fried. Went through all six questions, and nope. . . nada. Just stared at each sheet turning the pages. The professor even came over and asked me what was wrong and we chatted outside for a minute as I was about to just turn the exam in. He said give it time. After about 30 minutes my mind starting working and I was able to get working.

B's in both classes!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
We should make pred
I lived my dreams twice.
First was ACTUALLY being late to an exam. I had crammed all night and apparently slept through the alarm clock. Sun came out from around the Bell (ahem ATT&T ahem whatever it is now) Building and shined right in my Towers dorm eyes. Ran across campus showing up 45 minutes into the test. First person was finishing as I walked in. Prof said if he had walked out I wouldn't have gotten to take the exam.
Second was not knowing how to answer ONE QUESTION on an exam. I had just taken a full 3-hr exam 30 minutes prior. Grabbed lunch on the go and ran to next exam. Went into the next exam with my brain fried. Went through all six questions, and nope. . . nada. Just stared at each sheet turning the pages. The professor even came over and asked me what was wrong and we chatted outside for a minute as I was about to just turn the exam in. He said give it time. After about 30 minutes my mind starting working and I was able to get working.

B's in both classes!
If you didn’t feel like a hero after that you’re missing a pulse!