GT - Miss St Orange Bowl

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Potential DLine for Mississippi State game.
Gamble, Green, Gotsis, JHD !!!!
290, 280, 290, and now 279 Added beef on the DLine.
I doubt Freeman will be passed over by JHD but that's the potential if he regains eligibility. We'll still be light in the britches beyond the starters but we have to stop the run.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
@ATL1

Top defense? We are ranked ahead of them in total defense.

They have a great from 7 but the back 4 is awful.

also that have a few 4* kids

DB Will Redmond 4*
LB Richie Brown 4*
DT PJ Jones 4*
DE Kaleb Eulls 4*
DE Chris Jones 5*

LibertyTurns

Banned
We need someone to do a pre-game poll to determine if Miss St sucks or not.

The options are:
A. Overrated and they really suck so beating them doesn't mean anything.
B. Top notch SEC team that would have won the championship in any other conference. A phenomenal win only the manliest of teams could muster.
C. Great team but if they lose to GT they go into the heap of teams to be declared sucky after the fact by virtue of having lost to GT. Immense joy to had by GT fans for 30 mins after the game, then we get informed that "this isn't the world beater team from the beginning of the season" and Miss St should be banished to the SEC East as punishment.

jandrews

Jolly Good Fellow
I'd be curious to know what our DL weigh right now. Preseason is one thing but you drop a lot of weight throughout the season. Sometimes no matter how you eat you still can't gain it all back. Definitely putting in great effort but I would like to see more moves as far as getting off blocks. Looks a lot of times once they are locked up with the OL they don't have a move to get off them.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Option C in a landslide.

I'm in an argument with a GT fan on another board who is ranting about CPJ's extension. I asked how he could be so miserable after a 10 win season, and he said that none of those wins were over anyone any good.

man i've heard a couple of people saying that on the radio and it makes me sick! embarrassing

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Orange Bowl #5 in Yahoo's bowl ranking dealy:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...ding-the-national-championship-233337590.html

5. Orange Bowl (Dec. 31, Miami)
Mississippi State vs. Georgia Tech

It's a battle of the option, just in different forms. Georgia Tech will control the clock with its triple-option flexbone attack while Dak Prescott and Josh Robinson could combine for 40 carries themselves via Mississippi State's shotgun alignment. If there's a bowl game that could finish under three hours, this is the best possibility.

Hey, it's meaningless but good press and perception can't be all bad.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
hopefully with three weeks of practice, Roof can figure out how to stop the shotgun spread/read option?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
hopefully with three weeks of practice, Roof can figure out how to stop the shotgun spread/read option?

Pretty much every team has the read option package now, so all teams practice for it year round. Just this year, these are the teams we faced with similar read option prinicples:

Clemson
Duke
Miami
GSU
NC State
UNC
VT

Some of those teams used it to a higher degree than others, but for the most part we've been playing read option teams all year. I'm more worried about the athletes than the scheme. Dak Prescott reminds me of Jacoby Brissette with a bigger frame.

gtcrew

Jolly Good Fellow
Prescott is a better overall player and passer than Thomas, but yeah tough guy to bring down, strong physical runner.

Need to plaster every msu board, Twitter, Facebook, newspaper article comments section, etc that dak's pro stock is low cause he hasn't shown he can sit in the pocket and win with his arm alone. Truth is irrelevant, want him to play away from his strengths.

jandrews

Jolly Good Fellow
Option football is more than just a great front seven. SS and FS playing the option are a big deal as well. Our line has shown they can handle tough DLs. It's going to be an outright battle in the trenches and I like how our line has been playing the whole season.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
We need someone to do a pre-game poll to determine if Miss St sucks or not.

The options are:
A. Overrated and they really suck so beating them doesn't mean anything.
B. Top notch SEC team that would have won the championship in any other conference. A phenomenal win only the manliest of teams could muster.
C. Great team but if they lose to GT they go into the heap of teams to be declared sucky after the fact by virtue of having lost to GT. Immense joy to had by GT fans for 30 mins after the game, then we get informed that "this isn't the world beater team from the beginning of the season" and Miss St should be banished to the SEC East as punishment.
This is exactly why part of me really doesn't like this game. If we lose we lose and if we win we still lose. Option C is clearly where all of this is headed. And this is why in a perfect world we play Oregon or Alabama. Further down my list but still ahead of Missy State would be Michigan State. But I repeat myself. It is out of frustration with how all of this gets set up.

And has anyone else noticed that the pathway to the national championship is paved with essentially two home games for the Tide? The most difficult path for both fans and teams are the games set up for Ohio State and Florida State.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I'd be curious to know what our DL weigh right now. Preseason is one thing but you drop a lot of weight throughout the season. Sometimes no matter how you eat you still can't gain it all back. Definitely putting in great effort but I would like to see more moves as far as getting off blocks. Looks a lot of times once they are locked up with the OL they don't have a move to get off them.
Whitehead has moves for this that I have never seen before. The guy swims through traffic without slowing down. Just sayin'.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
man i've heard a couple of people saying that on the radio and it makes me sick! embarrassing
Was on the dawg blog the other day and there was a Tech fan on there saying he was so disappointed that Tech did not go 7-6 this year because he really wants CPJ gone. He is furious with the 10 win season and furious with the contract extension. I told him basically to shut the [Grand Funk Railroad] up.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Need to plaster every msu board, Twitter, Facebook, newspaper article comments section, etc that dak's pro stock is low cause he hasn't shown he can sit in the pocket and win with his arm alone. Truth is irrelevant, want him to play away from his strengths.
This is brilliant!