GT - Miss St Orange Bowl

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I think Mich State would get better TV ratings, since they are from another part of the country. I doubt anybody outside the SE watches Tech - Miss State
Yea but we dont recruit outside the SE much at all. We would have few viewers from the SE if we played Mich St. Other than the Big 10 Miss St is probably perceived as good as Ohio St

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Fwiw I think we are a better overall team than miss st....but they won't be an easy out. We play well and we win...we play average and we will likely lose.

We will be able to get our young receivers lots of reps in practice to prep em for miss st. Smelter loss can't be overstated but won't affect us nearly as bad as it did vs FSU

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I wanted Sparty. I think they are a better match up for us in every way.

Not the least of which is that if we win a close game against Missy State everyone will say this was against the "also ran" member of the SEC that got blown out by Ole Miss. If we lose everyone will say how much stronger the SEC is. I do not see any upside to this game. Only fans in the South will care about it and it will not help us in recruiting the other regions of the country.

Only way this game is good for us is if we were to beat them by 3 touchdowns.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I'm not a very big fan of conference affiliation chants....but.....we beat ms st., we might need to bust out an ACC chant.

Especially if ACC wins any other matchups between the two...are there others? Haven't had chance to see

LibertyTurns

Banned
Wanted Michigan State. This blows. Terrible matchup for us.
This match up's perfect. We get a shot at embarrassing another SEC factory. If we beat Mich St, all we would have done was knock off a team that would be mocked for being overrated by virtue of playing in a weak *** conference.

All the SEC alibis have been exhausted after the ACC went 4-0 against the "NFL minor league" last week as apparently those teams were the Raiders, Bucs, Jets and Jags of the SEC. Eventually the SEC West bubbas were going to have to play somebody out of conference and I'm glad we're the ones who get a shot.

Maybe we should ask ahead of time if Miss St is a real team or just another SEC pretender? Anyone on here know?

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
ACC champ goes to orange regardless of rankings...unless the champ goes to playoffs...then the highest ranked ACC goes to orange as replacement
Nope. If Notre Dame is within one win of any non-playoff team the bowl can pick ND over the team. So if ND had 9 wins, we could have a big problem.

This could be a major issue in future seasons.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Nope. If Notre Dame is within one win of any non-playoff team the bowl can pick ND over the team. So if ND had 9 wins, we could have a big problem.

This could be a major issue in future seasons.
The way they were selling it to yearly ticket holders is that it would be acc vs big 10/sec/ nd. I think it will always be acc champ or like this year # 2 acc vs nd and not nd vs big10 or sec

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I stand corrected. And you are right...this potentially sets up to screw ACC members one day. Their other bowl opportunities do also. The ACC really needs to tell ND it's time to get all the way in or get out. I'd rather have ND in the bigTenth than half in the ACC. Really needs to be addressed...let's stop acting like the big least conf

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
The way they were selling it to yearly ticket holders is that it would be acc vs big 10/sec/ nd. I think it will always be acc champ or like this year # 2 acc vs nd and not nd vs big10 or sec
ND can take the slot of any ACC team they are within one win of if the Bowl chooses ND. Not including the playoff slot. ND could take our Orange Bowl slot this year if the had 9 wins. This is the deal we made to get them to "join" the ACC.