GT - Miami Prediction Thread

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
One of my fondest memories of my time at Tech was the whiteout game in 2008 against Miami(besides running out on the field after the miracle on North Ave and hugging/high fiveing players). We completely took advantage of their speed and over-aggressiveness. Hopefully we can do that again. If JeT can burn them a few times it will help to open up other areas of the O.

Sorry guys but I don't see Miami putting huge numbers on offense. Yes our D has been rough to this point but I feel like our crowd could be the 12th man for us. Lets hope I'm right. 31-20! Go Tech.

mmbt0ne

Jolly Good Fellow
Miami has put us over a barrel the last 6 years with their passing game. Yeah they went crazy last year in the run, but historically they are averaging almost 9.5 yards per pass play in the last 6 games against us. The question now is whether or not we can finally solve that problem.

So far Kaaya's completion and yardage numbers haven't been great except for against Arkansas State and Nebraska, which was a shootout where he was slinging the ball around and also took 2 sacks and threw 2 INTs. They were running a lot of routes in that game that have given us trouble in the past (6 curls against cushion coverage, drags across the middle of the field to find holes in the zone). They've also got a big TE #46 who they like to pass to, which has never been fun for us.

The secondary is going to have to play their best game of the season, one of the LBs is going to have to step up in coverage, and we're going to have to bring pressure often enough to keep Kaaya on his toes.

That said, Louisville and Nebraska beat them on the ground. Duke lost to them by trying to pass.

The defense gets 6 stops, and we win.

35-24

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I don't see Miami as a good team. Maybe you guys have seen some tape that I haven't but I saw a decent Louisville team whip them in ever phase including mentally as Miami folded in the 4th quarter. I saw a slightly better than average Nebraska team man handle them and they couldn't move the ball well on a very average duke defense. I think we handle business and justin runs all over the thUgs because they aren't disciplined. 41-20 good guys.

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This is the biggest game of the season (so far) for us. We win; we are going to take the Coastal Division.

Good Guys 35
Thugs 14

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
If our guys play with confidence we will win. With confidence we can even over come a mistake or two. Miami always plays one of their better games against us. They tend to play the option well but I think they will not be expecting the speed they will see from JT. This one is too important for me to make a prediction. I want this W at least as much if not more than I wanted it against VPI.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
Hold on...I have to figure out how many punts we force. If we can do that just a few times I think we can win. It's going to be hard to keep Duke Johnson contained for a whole game.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
Didn't realize miami has beat us by about 16 points on average. Might be another one of those close games :O