GT / Louisville

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
fwiw we did that in game 1 against NCSU.
Commenting off of what GTAA put out. I apparently wrongly assumed they would provide factual facts.

With that.. you are correct [emoji106]
d61a06baf81b2eff0bff3ae84ee63509.jpg

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
They're not going to do that... It has nothing to do with whether they think that they can make the postseason or not, but it gives the wrong signal.

In essence, we would be saying that we only appealed because we thought we could make the postseason and not because we thought they were overly harsh.

Just my opinion, but I think that it would hurt our chances on the other appeals. We're pot-committed at this point, and we have to wait it out.
So we will have an awesome team next year, ton of wins, easily in the tourney but um sorry ncaa says postseason ban stands. So tech....

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So we will have an awesome team next year, ton of wins, easily in the tourney but um sorry ncaa says postseason ban stands. So tech....
That’s the risk we took when appealing. I could be entirely wrong about pulling the appeal, but I cannot imagine that our legal counsel would advise us to do so.

Maybe one of our legal eagles can chime on how our case may be perceived by doing that.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Tech,
You are a real optimist on the 20 win yr.Unless we get a big beast (transfer probably) than can replace Banks I just don't see it.We've been beat on the def boards a bunch and without him (or similar) I just don't see it unless we suddenly shoot 3s better and have many fewer TOs.-but would be nice.

Honestly, history says you are probably right.

BUT...how dare you walk in here and spill my koolaid after a big win?!! :)

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
We have six very winnable games before the ACC Tournament. The team has the weekend off, so they should be well rested ready to get after it next week. This road trip is critical for our post season chances.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Such a good win. This is what has frustrated me all season, we can play ball. Previous seasons it seemed like we could win a good number of games but didn't. This season it's more of the should win and we haven't been performing to our capability. Stay healthy and close out the season.

Also the refs ruined the flow of the game. I'm not advocating for rough play but a bunch of fouls on both sides were nonsense.
The incident that troubled me was when they stopped play to review the non-goaltending call .......... and in the process, killed what looked like to me a pretty certain two points on our fast break. That was at a critical juncture at well. Aren’t they supposed to review at a stoppage of play? Or at least wait until neither team has an advantage?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The incident that troubled me was when they stopped play to review the non-goaltending call .......... and in the process, killed what looked like to me a pretty certain two points on our fast break. That was at a critical juncture at well. Aren’t they supposed to review at a stoppage of play? Or at least wait until neither team has an advantage?
No. The initial call was goaltending and that killed the live ball. The call was late and that made it look like the refs had taken points off the board. They got it right.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Most teams are doubling down in the paint and causing some of our turnover problems. Moses and Banks don't kick it out much. They are going to take a shot regardless of whether they are doubled by the defense . We are not strong at an inside back outside game. Jose is pretty good taking it in the paint even into a crowd.
Doubling or bigs should be an opportunity, not a problem.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
A lot of our turnovers come from our guards penetrating with no intention of scoring. They drive all the way to the basket, but you can tell they are hoping to kick out to a shooter or make an interior pass to a big rather than take a challenged shot at the rim. The problem is the defense knows this too, and keys on the passing lanes. I am all for sharing the ball and looking for open teammates if they are there, but I would rather see our guards be more aggressive in attacking the rim to score or draw contact instead of looking for the extra pass when it's not there. If our guards are not physical enough to finish at the rim, then they need to beat their man and get their shot up in the lane before getting all the way to the rim where they have no options.
For the most part, I don’t think our guards are capable of finishing at the rim. Jose will get a “teardrop” regularly, but basically Jose & bubba don’t have the stature, and devoe doesn’t have the quickness to regularly beat a man of the dribble to get the initial separation. Usher could be that guy but often times is out of control on that type of play.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
No. The initial call was goaltending and that killed the live ball. The call was late and that made it look like the refs had taken points off the board. They got it right.
Thanks for the clarification. On ACCN I never saw them make the initial goaltending call

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
For the most part, I don’t think our guards are capable of finishing at the rim. Jose will get a “teardrop” regularly, but basically Jose & bubba don’t have the stature, and devoe doesn’t have the quickness to regularly beat a man of the dribble to get the initial separation. Usher could be that guy but often times is out of control on that type of play.
Jose is one of the craftiest guards I've seen and is a great finisher. He uses his body and alters his dribble as good as the best. Our other guards have a hard time finishing.

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks for the clarification. On ACCN I never saw them make the initial goaltending call
The production by the ACCN was an abomination. Rarely did they show interesting replays and the commentary was pathetic. Frequently there would be a good play or debatable foul call and they would revert back to a replay from earlier in the game of an uneventful play.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
The production by the ACCN was an abomination. Rarely did they show interesting replays and the commentary was pathetic. Frequently there would be a good play or debatable foul call and they would revert back to a replay from earlier in the game of an uneventful play.
also they lost the damn scoreboard for 10 mins. it was terrible