GT / Louisville

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
As a few others are saying, Bubba is lightning quick; he has a good first step off the dribble and easily gets by defenders. He also has a great vertical jump and a good mid-range, pull-up jumper. So, he is not just a spot up 3 point shooter. I wish he would use his quickness and mid-range jumper to create more shots for himself. Now, as for driving all the way to the basket, due to his size, he does have to be careful with that unless he has an absolutely clear path all the way to the hoop.
I thought I saw Bubba at one point go up like he was gonna get a tip slam...i remember seeing how high he got and was thinking oh sh*t. Someone broke it up though i think

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I thought I saw Bubba at one point go up like he was gonna get a tip slam...i remember seeing how high he got and was thinking oh sh*t. Someone broke it up though i think

That’s kinda funny, my guest at the game (most of the games this year) said something along those lines last night...”Bubba can jump, and just seems to hang in the air longer than he should”.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
Great game! The way we played is why I said we should go 8-1 in our last nine games awhile back . My expectation is we should win out in the regular season.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
just look again at last night. Louisville had a 10 straight game conference play winning streak – that’s the longest in the ACC in 37 years!

not sure where you got that stat from, but it’s wrong. A couple of teams have had double digit ACC win streaks in the last 15 -20 years. It’s not common but it’s not once every 37 years

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I get the perception part, but are we at the level of biting off our noses to spite our face? There's a 1 in 10 chance the NCAA is going to overturn their ruling, and given that we've been labeled a habitual offender, that 1 in 10 chance is being generous.

There's a real possibility GT sits at 20+ wins next season and a shoo in for the tournament...be we have to miss it because we decided to appeal a season we didn't have any shot at the tournament. How would perception be then?

Tech,
You are a real optimist on the 20 win yr.Unless we get a big beast (transfer probably) than can replace Banks I just don't see it.We've been beat on the def boards a bunch and without him (or similar) I just don't see it unless we suddenly shoot 3s better and have many fewer TOs.-but would be nice.

Deleted member 2897

not sure where you got that stat from, but it’s wrong. A couple of teams have had double digit ACC win streaks in the last 15 -20 years. It’s not common but it’s not once every 37 years

Ive read it multiple places in articles and they said it on TV last night.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer

Attachments

• 917B38E4-508F-48AA-B4BE-F7B5D035BB64.png
    917B38E4-508F-48AA-B4BE-F7B5D035BB64.png
    311.6 KB · Views: 24

alagold

Helluva Engineer
This is the time of yr where every visiting team is in danger especially 3 pt shooting clubs--LIKE L'ville. (9 3s a game)It happened to Lsu at crummy vandy.My hometown D2 team beat a team by 28 at home then goes over there and shoots 14% from 3 and loses.
Playing man to man probably surprised them a lot but it was "one of those nights" for Lville. (and we actually got calls AND hit the FTs.)

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
What a win. On the road so watched on DVR. Needed that one. Although not a convincing win, never really had the feel of one where Louisville was going to come back -- and that is with Devoe playing a pretty poor game and missing some wide open looks. Banks looked very engaged, even when he was sitting out. Usher is explosive.

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck

That’s kinda funny, my guest at the game (most of the games this year) said something along those lines last night...”Bubba can jump, and just seems to hang in the air longer than he should”.
Bubba gets up for those rebounds and hrshveru aggressive in trying to get them. I'm kind of surprised that he doesn't use that offensively to attack the basket and at least draw a foul. He's doesn't seem to be afraid of contact considering how often he tries to draw charges.

I saw somewhere earlier today that Devoe was shoeless when he made that steal at the end and hit those FT's. I just watched the replay (the end of it, that is), and although he did lose one shoe during the steal, he put it back on, and he had them both on the rest of the game. Why on earth would someone say he was shoeless?