GT Introduces 404 Tailgate

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Free tailgate party open to all ticket holders prior 2019 football home games

Beginning three hours prior to kickoff atop Peters Parking Deck, located on the north end of Bobby Dodd Stadium, the 404 Tailgate will have all of the benefits of a top-of-the-line tailgate party without the hassle.

Traditional tailgating menu items, freshly grilled by Georgia Tech athletics’ new premium caterer Proof of The Pudding, will be available for purchase, as will a selection of beer, wine and soft drinks. The 404 Tailgate’s cash bar will be the only place on Georgia Tech’s campus outside of Bobby Dodd Stadium’s premium seating areas where alcoholic beverages can be purchased on gameday.

The 404 Tailgate will also feature lounge seating with TVs to watch other action from around college football and a great view overlooking Yellow Jacket Alley, where head coach Geoff Collins will lead the Yellow Jackets into Bobby Dodd Stadium two-and-a-half hours before game time.

The menu for the Sept. 7 home opener versus USF includes bourbon barrel smoked wings, smoked chicken sausage and grilled bratwurst. Menu items will vary throughout the season.

https://ramblinwreck.com/georgia-tech-introduces-404-tailgate/

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
They had something like that before the Miami game last year, on Megatron Bobble-Head night. It was invitation only, for Heisman-level donors, I think. The food was free for that (and of decent quality), with a cash bar.

I can’t say that I really enjoyed it—but that was more about my health at that point in the season (and the freeeezing cold temps that evening) than it was about the quality of the setup.

My own regular tailgate spot is only 50 feet from where they set up, though. It’s just as convenient for me to sit tight and drink my own beer. That said, anyone going to the 404 tailgate is welcome to stop by and say hello!

Free tailgate party open to all ticket holders prior 2019 football home games

Beginning three hours prior to kickoff atop Peters Parking Deck, located on the north end of Bobby Dodd Stadium, the 404 Tailgate will have all of the benefits of a top-of-the-line tailgate party without the hassle.

Traditional tailgating menu items, freshly grilled by Georgia Tech athletics’ new premium caterer Proof of The Pudding, will be available for purchase, as will a selection of beer, wine and soft drinks. The 404 Tailgate’s cash bar will be the only place on Georgia Tech’s campus outside of Bobby Dodd Stadium’s premium seating areas where alcoholic beverages can be purchased on gameday.

The 404 Tailgate will also feature lounge seating with TVs to watch other action from around college football and a great view overlooking Yellow Jacket Alley, where head coach Geoff Collins will lead the Yellow Jackets into Bobby Dodd Stadium two-and-a-half hours before game time.

The menu for the Sept. 7 home opener versus USF includes bourbon barrel smoked wings, smoked chicken sausage and grilled bratwurst. Menu items will vary throughout the season.

https://ramblinwreck.com/georgia-tech-introduces-404-tailgate/
Great idea, but is there room on the top level of the Peters Park deck for many people to go there?

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I'll admit - not much interest from me (and likely my demographic - 26M Tech alumnus) but I kind of sense this is a test run of selling alcohol potentially for implementation next season? Definitely rooting for it, if so.

I will probably take a quick walk through it before some game this year just to get the vibe.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Is this the same tailgating as they had last year, "The Tailgate at Wreckfest"? It looks like it is the same, except you pay for food instead of entry. That makes more sense to me. I would rather get into an event and pay for food than pay $40-$50 to get into the event and have food included in the entry fee.

They had a cash bar at it last year, so that doesn't appear to be any different than last year.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
It would be cool if there were more tvs and well done bars and it turns into a big outdoor sports bar and drinking fest.

What is better is if they allow u to bring in outside drinks to watch games and eat there too.

It can have high potential if done right

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
It would be cool if there were more tvs and well done bars and it turns into a big outdoor sports bar and drinking fest.

What is better is if they allow u to bring in outside drinks to watch games and eat there too.

It can have high potential if done right
This does sound better the more I think about it. I may have to stop by just to buy a drink and check it out.

gtjackets930

Jolly Good Fellow
They had something like that before the Miami game last year, on Megatron Bobble-Head night. It was invitation only, for Heisman-level donors, I think. The food was free for that (and of decent quality), with a cash bar.

I can’t say that I really enjoyed it—but that was more about my health at that point in the season (and the freeeezing cold temps that evening) than it was about the quality of the setup.

My own regular tailgate spot is only 50 feet from where they set up, though. It’s just as convenient for me to sit tight and drink my own beer. That said, anyone going to the 404 tailgate is welcome to stop by and say hello!
What were the prices? I love this idea, but not going to get much traction if beers are $7 a piece imo. Would be nice for those of us who don't want to drive and therefore don't have a to set up always.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
What were the prices? I love this idea, but not going to get much traction if beers are $7 a piece imo. Would be nice for those of us who don't want to drive and therefore don't have a to set up always.
I don't usually do a setup and going to Publix for a 6 pack and PubSub on Spring St is still more appealing to me than sitting in a watered down tailgate tent buying expensive food/beer.