GT Introduces 404 Tailgate

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I don't usually do a setup and going to Publix for a 6 pack and PubSub on Spring St is still more appealing to me than sitting in a watered down tailgate tent buying expensive food/beer.

I am all in to go to a tent for free, watching big tvs for free, free seats, walk in with my yeti of beverage of choice and maybe grabbing a bite of food too.

If they allow outside drinks in what is not to like imo its great. I dont think a requirement will be to have to purchase from them. Thats just part of an option

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I am all in to go to a tent for free, watching big tvs for free, free seats, walk in with my yeti of beverage of choice and maybe grabbing a bite of food too.

If they allow outside drinks in what is not to like imo its great. I dont think a requirement will be to have to purchase from them. Thats just part of an option
Can you carry an empty yeti into BDS? If so, that can change my pre-game plans.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

AUFC

Helluva Engineer

It's not apparent whether or not this is BYOB. If GTAA isn't braindead (not convinced at this point), they make this place BYOB.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
No i think has to be a clear cup. I was referring walking into the tailgate with a yeti vs buying drinks there
I understood correctly. I was thinking about walking to BDS with my yeti from my parking spot, but if I have to leave it outside of BDS then it won't work for me.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
You guys need to stop bitching about $5 beers and become friends with one of the thousands of millionaires at the damn parking deck. Surely one of them would buy you a beer.

GT fans are cheap. The GT millionaires are cheaper. Ain't no one getting a free $5 beer.

Kidding...but only slightly.

LibertyTurns

Banned
GT fans are cheap. The GT millionaires are cheaper. Ain't no one getting a free $5 beer.

Kidding...but only slightly.
You want problem #1 with our fan base it’s that. If the 404 was full toll roads we’d have about 500 GT fans at home games, half of which would have packed a baloney sandwich to eat and parked half way across Midtown in a non-metered spot. By the time they got to campus their Old Milwaukee Light would be 85 degrees.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
“The menu for the Sept. 7 home opener versus USF includes bourbon barrel smoked wings, smoked chicken sausage and grilled bratwurst. Menu items will vary throughout the season.”

Smoked wings? Beer? I know where i’m eating lunch on the 7th!

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
This thing is going to cost money to put on and it needs to pay off and contribute dollars for the AA. I like it because I gave up tailgating 4 years ago and I am sure it will be cheaper that Cypress Street Pint & Ale with much better surroundings. Everyone enjoying this experience should pay. I would think a $20 entrance fee which would also give you a $20 credit towards food and drink would be appropriate. Let's grow this thing.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Did anyone attend the 404 tailgate today? If so, what were your thoughts on it? Just wondering how it went.

I would like to know also. I would imagine it could get expensive with various independent vendors there. I noticed something interesting being offered on the way to my seats today. Brittain Dining Hall is offering an all you can eat buffet for fans before each game for $7.00. I do not have very fond memories of "Ptomaine Tavern," but it definitely seems to be worth looking into for me on the two weeks when my usual group is not tailgating.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
I would like to know also. I would imagine it could get expensive with various independent vendors there. I noticed something interesting being offered on the way to my seats today. Brittain Dining Hall is offering an all you can eat buffet for fans before each game for $7.00. I do not have very fond memories of "Ptomaine Tavern," but it definitely seems to be worth looking into for me on the two weeks when my usual group is not tailgating.
We have attended the catholic student center tailgate the last few seasons (on occasion) they have an all you can eat meal for 7 bucks and it's very goood

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Corner of Britain across from Peter's deck where the team gets off the busses at the beginning of yellow jacket alley

Corner of Britain across from Peter's deck where the team gets off the busses at the beginning of yellow jacket alley
Gotcha. I thought it was somewhere up there. That's a little more out of the way from my new parking lot than Ptomaine Tavern, so we shall see. BTW our new parking lot, though a longer walk to and from the stadium is a GREAT lot.