GT Introduces 404 Tailgate

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I would like to know also. I would imagine it could get expensive with various independent vendors there. I noticed something interesting being offered on the way to my seats today. Brittain Dining Hall is offering an all you can eat buffet for fans before each game for $7.00. I do not have very fond memories of "Ptomaine Tavern," but it definitely seems to be worth looking into for me on the two weeks when my usual group is not tailgating.
I was at the 404 tailgate and for the first fling it was not bad. There was one line for food and drink, and the only negative it was a long line, maybe 15 or 20 minutes to be served. My son and I met my niece and her husband there, who are both UGA grads, and have a daughter on Tech's diving team. They both were wearing white 404 tee-shirts, good sports. He even bought the beer and food. We all had brats for $7 and 420 Sweetwater's for $5. Very reasonable. They also had chicken and one other option, I forget which. My son and I are going back Saturday and taking yeti's with beer so we can drink while standing in line, and leaving our yeti's in the bag valet for the game. They also had shaded seating with TV. Not as nice as a tailgate for sure, but very convenient and no hassle. It works for us.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
I was there and jumped out of the line as I had to meet up with my parents. People in front of me in line were explaining how it was 1 point of sale and the credit card machine had a bad internet connection (classic). They change it to two pos's and that'll probably speed things up.

The tent coverage was great and the TV's had on different games so you could pick and choose what to watch. Probably need one tent centered between everything over the bar-ish seating area.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
We parked at the church again on tenth
For free.

The church is up for sale and I'm not sure they are even having services there any more.

But, its free and close none the less

My wife parks there when she shows up to the game late. I hope it does not get turned into millennial apartments.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I was at the 404 tailgate and for the first fling it was not bad. There was one line for food and drink, and the only negative it was a long line, maybe 15 or 20 minutes to be served. My son and I met my niece and her husband there, who are both UGA grads, and have a daughter on Tech's diving team. They both were wearing white 404 tee-shirts, good sports. He even bought the beer and food. We all had brats for $7 and 420 Sweetwater's for $5. Very reasonable. They also had chicken and one other option, I forget which. My son and I are going back Saturday and taking yeti's with beer so we can drink while standing in line, and leaving our yeti's in the bag valet for the game. They also had shaded seating with TV. Not as nice as a tailgate for sure, but very convenient and no hassle. It works for us.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk
Can u tell me what and where is the bag valet?

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Speculating here so someone can correct me if I am wrong:

Behind where they were cooking food at the tailgate - there was a tent and a couple of attendants and a table. I think it was located there. You can check in your bag/cooler and go into the game and not worry about walking back to your parking spot to lock it away before kick off. Then return after the game and pick it up. Not sure about a fee for this.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Speculating here so someone can correct me if I am wrong:

Behind where they were cooking food at the tailgate - there was a tent and a couple of attendants and a table. I think it was located there. You can check in your bag/cooler and go into the game and not worry about walking back to your parking spot to lock it away before kick off. Then return after the game and pick it up. Not sure about a fee for this.
On the top floor of Peters parking deck

Entrees were $7, beer $5

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
You can leave a small bag with items you can't take into BDS, for free, and pick it up after the game at the bag valet.

Ate at the 404 Tailgate today. Total waste of money. Limited choices, $7.00 for "main dish", $2.00 for soft drink, $5.00 for beer. We stopped by Brittain Dining Hall afterwards, and the new manager there gave us a tour. We could have had a terrific bunch all-you-can-eat brunch buffet with beverage for $7.00. They will operate this (first time ever this year) for every remaining home game, including the Thursday night game. I will probably tailgate with my regular group for all but the Thursday night game, since, as far today, my group won't be doing a tailgate. But for the Thursday night game, I plan on going to Brittain, in spite of my bad memories of "Ptomaine Tavern" from when I was a student.