GT Hoops General Topics

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
When I read in the announcement that they were married in October, I wondered if the GT nepotism policy might have made their continued employment uncomfortable for the GTAA. There is an exemption clause in the policy, but using that might have made a reentry for Marvin awkward.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
When I read in the announcement that they were married in October, I wondered if the GT nepotism policy might have made their continued employment uncomfortable for the GTAA. There is an exemption clause in the policy, but using that might have made a reentry for Marvin awkward.
At the levels they were at and the disparate fields, I doubt there was a nepotism issue. I was thinking that maybe she had an opportunity she couldn't/didn't want to pass up at Brown and they saw the benefit of another high-level administrator with a 2-for-1. The only other program in the area is Providence. Pure supposition, but I wouldn't think Marvin moving from CFO of the GTAA to a Deputy Athletic Directorship at Brown would be a driving force for the two of them to move. Brown, as a smaller program, probably has less money budgeted for these high-level administrators.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Joey Brackets did an updated Bracketology and had us as one of the next 4 teams out. Not surprising with Moses and most likely Jose not returning but I think this team had the talent and potential to basically end up seeded where we were this past NCAAT. Not saying we’re going 11-5 type season again in the acc but we have the guys to finish in the top 5/6 of the league. With a 20 game league schedule, I see us around 11-9 or 12-8. Schedule wisely OOC (We have UGA, So. Cal and B10 challenge) and we can be a 20 win team come tournament time.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
These are pro highlights, but some of you never saw Marbury, and he’s something else to watch:

Was it Marbury or KA who was accidentally bouncing passes off of teammate’s heads because they weren’t ready for the pass?

Kenny! First game, breaking to the basket, guys tried to catch the feed with their ears. Second game, their hands came up when they broke to the basket!

slugboy

Staff member
Yep, I could never decide if he or Kenny Anderson was the better guard. Kenny’s strength also showed well if you saw him in person. He had an extra gear when accelerating toward the basket that always seemed to leave the defender five steps behind.
Between Marbury, Anderson, and Price, I’m hard pressed to pick one. Marbury and Anderson were both deadly on the dribble, while Price would just shoot you dead.

So, I looked, and found a lot of names I wasn’t looking for. Craig Neal and Jarrett Jack are all over this list: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geo..._men's_basketball_statistical_leaders#Scoring

This one is kind of fun too: https://ramblinwreck.com/georgia-tech-hoops-acc-statistical-leaders/

Looking at the various records, I need to reevaluate my memories of Eddie Elisma. Craig Neal was an assist machine. Price is 4th in 3pt%, behind 3D Dennis Scott, Travis Best, and Anthony Morrow.

Need to get more Barry kids back on campus.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Having watched Tech basketball over the years I would say if I had an all time dream team it would be Rich Yunkus, Dennis Scott, Sammy Drummer, Mark Price and Kenny Anderson.

I watched Yunkus routinely double and triple teamed and yet always getting his 25 points.

Sammy Drummer could literally count change on the top of the backboard. He seemed to float above the basket all game long.

Dennis Scott was one of Tech’s most versatile scorers whether inside the lane or taking threes.

Mark Price was not just a great shot, he often seemed to will his team to win.

Kenny Anderson was the fastest player I’ve ever seen on a basketball court.

Obviously I’ve left out dozens of good players but in my fantasy I only get to choose five.