GT Hoops General Topics

slugboy

Staff member
Was he a late add to the roster? I didn’t see his name anywhere. There’s some high level talent from what I saw!
He’s got a recruit thread in the 2021 recruiting sub forum. Committed last year, and signed in November for the 2021 class.
1A10678E-5ED1-4F0F-A4DD-105472E14027.jpeg

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Google translation for the win... In all seriousness, it was a good interview.

Good question about his team playing under Coach Pastner:

Q: Back to your college days: You went to Georgia Tech, a renowned university that Stephon Marbury also attended. And in your junior year, Josh took on Pastner. How did Pastner influence you?

A: It was an interesting time. Whenever the coach changes, you don't know what is happening. It's a big deal, especially in college where coaches have so much power. And I only had two years to play. I didn't know what to expect, but it worked out very well in the end. We complemented each other well and his style of coaching matched my style of playing.

Also, I got a chuckle out of this question (noticed the bolded portion):

Why did you choose Georgia Tech? I mean, Stanford also has a great reputation among the science faculties. Marquette has a very renowned basketball program for this, with alumni like Dwyane Wade. During the recruitment process, the colleges also invite you to campus and show you around. The Georgia vibe was right. The teammates were nice, the campus was nice.

LOL - Tom Crean been spinning that story globally!

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Is that a step up for Lewis? I don't know the hierarchy of AD positions.
I'm not sure. Despite title, he was CFO of the GTAA and administrator for GT Hoops. It's hard to say he wasn't already on a path to the top job eventually.

It kinda seems like a weird move, but there are so many facts about real people's real lives that we don't know. Makes it hard to render an opinion.