GT Hoops General Topics

slugboy

Staff member
Is it realistic to expect him to contribute though? True freshman, missed a bunch of practice.
My guess is that “full practice” doesn’t equal “fully recovered”. It takes time to get your speed, physical skills, and reactions back, even though I’m sure they’ve been doing something to keep him fit.
One of these days, we’ll be wrong and a Maxwell or player like him will come off the bench healthy and ready to play, and never go back on the bench.
Since I don’t see practice, it’s hard to tell.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
I just dont see him contributing.much if at all this year. He has missed a ton of practice time and will take a while to get in shape. He still needs to learn the offense and defense. I think we will just roll with the guys we have now and hopefully Maxwell comes back completely healthy next year.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I just dont see him contributing.much if at all this year. He has missed a ton of practice time and will take a while to get in shape. He still needs to learn the offense and defense. I think we will just roll with the guys we have now and hopefully Maxwell comes back completely healthy next year.
Don’t disagree that he is unlikely to contribute much production but I’d love to get him a few minutes to give Usher a blow or have an option if Moore isn’t feeling it.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Pretty cool hearing Kenny Anderson interviewed on NBARadio today. Host asked him about GT and he started gushing.

Said he was down to Syracuse, GTown, and Duke until he saw Mark Price play against Georgetown one year. Was enamored with the freedom he was allowed to play with and started to look into GT.

Asked his mentor, where's that school at? Atlanta? Where's the coach from? The Bronx? Yo, get him on the phone.

Bobby recruited him from there and that was all she wrote.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty cool hearing Kenny Anderson interviewed on NBARadio today. Host asked him about GT and he started gushing.

Said he was down to Syracuse, GTown, and Duke until he saw Mark Price play against Georgetown one year. Was enamored with the freedom he was allowed to play with and started to look into GT.

Asked his mentor, where's that school at? Atlanta? Where's the coach from? The Bronx? Yo, get him on the phone.

Bobby recruited him from there and that was all she wrote.
Kenny’s also been fairly consistent with this story, which my brother reminds me of quite a bit:
“I wanted to go to Syracuse University, but my mother went to visit Georgia Tech with me, and on the way home she said: You’re going to Georgia Tech. Coach Cremins will take care of you,” he says in the film.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member