GT Hoops General Topics

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
Probably why he hired a former NBA COTY. I mean, the Tubby smith hire was bad for Memphis because of who they are. I think this staff is a gd homerun for this program. They are going to be really good but they do need to work in some 4 year guys. Antonio Anderson, CDR type players.
They already have Malcolm Dandridge committed and it seems like he's more of a 4 year glue guy type. And this past year's class led by Alex Lomax and Tyler Harris are probably in that category of player as well.

brandon_cox

Jolly Good Fellow
They just posted up to date heights and weights for the team. Wright is up to 221 lbs, Cole up to 217. But James Banks shrunk from 6-10 to 6-8, but at 243 lbs. Sjolund and Moore shrunk a little, also.

Sjolund is listed at 200 lbs. Has he already put on at least 10-15 lbs? Kudos to him and our strength and conditioning staff, if true. He might have a better chance of contributing as a freshman if he has the strength to compete.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I mean, it sounds good to say it but .. if it was that easy wouldn't they all just do it?

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...r-georgia-tech-guards/pyZtYdhq2piHY5wovXNdNN/

Pastner said that he has challenged Brandon Alston, Jose Alvarado, Michael Devoe, Curtis Haywood and Shembari Phillips to each shoot 43 percent or better from 3-point range this season.

“I think if you’re shooting 43, you’re shooting the daylights out of it,” Pastner said. “I think it’s a good bar. You look at some of the teams that I’ve said I want to model us after, the Notre Dames and Virginias, you look at what they do well, they shoot the 3’s well. Each team had multiple guys that shot that rate.”

Ok, I guess.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
But what's the goal for our high volume 3 point shooters? Ya know, Moses Wright?

(sorry, not sorry, but sincerely looking forward to him making a jump this year)

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
But what's the goal for our high volume 3 point shooters? Ya know, Moses Wright?

(sorry, not sorry, but sincerely looking forward to him making a jump this year)

Haha. Hopefully we don't see him chunking 3's. If we do, we are wayyy out of what we are trying to do on offense.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Decent recruiting piece in the ajc. Not insightful enough to put in the recruiting forum but a nice read nonetheless ...

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/who-josh-pastner-after-for-great-class/pGnRfQbWVknHmJlH068GVI/

Ol' Ken had a 0 assist-to-turn ratio on this one. Some good, some misses.

Got some nice empty quotes from CJP on 'gettability'. Not K-Sug's fault as CPast was basically saying a whole lotta nuthin as usual (oh no he di'nt, oh yes I did).

The miss imho was putting Chandler Lawson in the 'others receiving votes' section but failing to rehash the daddy drama from CJP's MEM days.

That was an easy chest pass for an open layup but Ken decided to take the contested long 2.

*clank* off the corner of the backboard.